THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look at these athletes

DRBBQrod.jpg
I wonder what that microwave is for ??????????? :icon_bugeyed:icon_bugeyed:icon_bugeyed:icon_bugeyed

To me a sport is something that requires athletes, and there are exceptions to everything. All of us can go out and cook in the backyard, as we can go shoot baskets in the frontyard or go play golf or bowl. But its highly unlikely that any of us will be in the NBA, PGA or what ever they call the pro bowling. By the exapls I have heard anything you do can be considered a sport, woodworking, video games etc. Lets put it this way, what would happen first Micheal Jordan winning a bbq award or Mike Davis jumping from the free throw line for a slam. I am not to trying to diminish how hard competitive bbq is because its hard to win a GC and there are very talanted people that can do it often, but highly athletic, over paid, whiney people play pro sports.

All opions though.

If Bowling is a sport so is BBQ

As far as the fans go
We are doing Peoples Choice Contests out here
Lots of folks watching what your doing and enjoying the Que
and voting for their favorite
Best of all you get paid for your efforts

I agree with this. People's choice contests are a lot of fun. You get to interact with the crowd. They get to taste what you are cooking. Everyone has fun and you don't go home empty-handed.

I wonder what that microwave is for ??????????? :icon_bugeyed:icon_bugeyed:icon_bugeyed:icon_bugeyed
You don't have one in your trailer? How do you finish your chicken without one?

Actually I use mine if I have 30 amp service at a contest to heat up day old Krispy Kremes. 3 or 4 on a plate for about 30 seconds and they taste just like they came out of the store. And it's a heck of a lot easier than cooking a beef tenderloin :biggrin:

I would like to see M Jordan drink 20 beers and get his food in on time.

Well, it seems we also had a vodka and lemonade contest. You have to watch out for that Carp and Cheese, they are bad influences on a hot fall day... :roll:

Since my first contest I have been saying its a contact sport, with no bias for the overweight, aged, chemically impaired, mentally or physically handy caped. Many contestants posses all of these traits and still do very well. Now I ask you what other sport can attest to that. :eusa_clap I meant endurance sport, not contact sport.
Dave

Last edited:
You don't have one in your trailer? How do you finish your chicken without one?

Actually I use mine if I have 30 amp service at a contest to heat up day old Krispy Kremes. 3 or 4 on a plate for about 30 seconds and they taste just like they came out of the store. And it's a heck of a lot easier than cooking a beef tenderloin :biggrin:

Ummmmmmm...........Doughnut's!!! (homer Simpson Mod) :mrgreen:

When I read "The best part about the sport: the fans are as generously compensated as the players. Attendees get to eat to their hearts' content and bond with fellow 'cue fanatics amid a haze of fragrant wood smoke.", I wonder how much they know.

Back