THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to say that the OTG also has the thermometer in the dome, where the OTS doesn't. Not like I rely on that much, still another difference between the two.
Yeah...the dome thermometer is just a rough gauge to tell if something is wrong, either way too high or way too low.

I was at Lowes last night and was looking at the Weber Kettle charcoal grills. I noticed the 22.5 inch Silver Touch was $99 and the 22" One Touch Gold was $150. Granted the Gold has the more sophisticated ash catcher at the bottom but it is a smaller grill. Is the more sophisticated ash catcher worth another $50? Seems a bit out of whack to me. :twitch:

That "Silver" could possibly have been smaller, one way that could happen is if the other one you were looking at was a Master Touch.....it's sort of possible to get them mixed up....enclosed ash can, flip grate ( but it has the removable center also, "Gourmet System) AND that grate is much heavier than the standards & even the regular flip-ups....lid therm, if that matters, and not sure, but I think they will come with a riser or 'warming rack' 1/4 moon shape gizmo that sits on the cook grate, both have these & also charcoal baskets..............

Real point of all this is that the M/T is taller than all the others by several inches, making it somewhat hip for tall people not to have to bend over so much......

Here's a side-by-side of an old & new Mastertouch....the old one being the same height as all the other kettles, even newer Golds, etc.

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/201...-touch-full-review-and-head-to-head-showdown/

The HomeDepot by me carries the Master Touch in stock for 199. It has lots of upgrades and is definitely worth it. I just got one not long ago. Was going to get Silver seen the Gold then went to Weber to see deference and noticed cream of crop was Master Touch. Since I have a bad back (Surgery) I was looking for taller one. Home Depot was only place locally that had one in stock. This grill is heavy though. Highly Recommend.

Back