THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've had a 22.5 OTG for a year and love it. I'll never not have a kettle now. No matter what your other cooker is everyone should have a kettle in their outdoor kitchen. Of course that my opinion. :biggrin1:

Smoked some ABTs indirect on the 22 this weekend for a Derby party. Yum!

FD40A0AC-BC20-4D1A-8339-FB980482C672.jpg

I am new to the Kettle. I bought the Master Touch 22. I have used it more than any grill with many different ways to cook. Did pork chops over direct heat today and grill didn't catch on fire. Wife loved it. Most cheap ones seem like they put 400 degree paint on grill which makes it catch on fire if fat drips. Love it and don't think I will go with anything else.

I am new to the Kettle. I bought the Master Touch 22. I have used it more than any grill with many different ways to cook. Did pork chops over direct heat today and grill didn't catch on fire. Wife loved it. Most cheap ones seem like they put 400 degree paint on grill which makes it catch on fire if fat drips. Love it and don't think I will go with anything else.

How do you like the Master Touch? I'm considering getting a 22 beside my Performer for capacity and to use as a dedicated pizza & rotisserie grill. Trying to weigh the advantages of the Master Touch.

How do you like the Master Touch? I'm considering getting a 22 beside my Performer for capacity and to use as a dedicated pizza & rotisserie grill. Trying to weigh the advantages of the Master Touch.

Take care on your choice for "Pizza Cooker" with anything that has a lid bale.......at high heat, they tend to melt.......possible choice might be an older one from C/L or a garage sale that gets cleaned up (not that hard to do)
Just a thought from things I've seen from people who do high heat a bunch.......

M/T does come with the interchangeable grate (Gourmet) & I believe, a upper rack food warmer thing, so it wil do some extra stuff, plus it's a bit taller than previous stand-alones, if you're tall.......

I love my Master Touch. I am doing an 8 lb pork shoulder for pulled pork for Mothers Day for wife and daughter. I also will have grandbabies also so I probably will do hot dogs. This is the only grill that I can sear sausage then cook to complete done within couple of minutes. I have yet to have a flare up with this grill. I love this fact of going from searing to slow cooking and grill handles anything I throw at it. I think the grill was worth the extra money for gourmet grill with flaps on both sides as well as lid holder etc. Only thing I wish it they wouldn't have taken the hook for lid off. Can hang grill but must remove center grill.

I saw this thread and had to jump in. I grew up learning to cook outside from my dad on a weber kettle. Spent the last 20+ years without one and finally added one to the collection last year. I have a very expensive 48" fire magic grill and hardly touch the thing now. Absolutely love the kettle....

Ummm.... me. :icon_blush:

I do have a WSM Classic though. That's good, right guys?? Guys...??

Well I've been thinking for some time I should have a Weber kettle, maybe this thread will kick me into action.

Ok, I've rectified this great wrong in my life. :grin: Just got home with my new 2005 Gas Assist SS Performer.

2005GasAssistSSPerformer.jpg

see my sig.

as for how I use them, the only real answer I can give is...as they were intended. the GA and SJ are used for quick cooks of meat that aren't too thick or tough. the WSM is used to slow smoke/cook various items. it's awesome, especially when used with a pit controller. the performer and 18.5 kettle are my work horses. If you can't cook on a kettle, you can't cook.

Take care on your choice for "Pizza Cooker" with anything that has a lid bale.......at high heat, they tend to melt.......possible choice might be an older one from C/L or a garage sale that gets cleaned up (not that hard to do)
Just a thought from things I've seen from people who do high heat a bunch.......

M/T does come with the interchangeable grate (Gourmet) & I believe, a upper rack food warmer thing, so it wil do some extra stuff, plus it's a bit taller than previous stand-alones, if you're tall.......

i was debating whether or not i wanted to get a master touch or otg this summer....for $50...i will GLADLY take the lid holder. I used to have a 18 inch weber in 2009 and i hated having to put the lid on the ground everytime i took it off....lol

i was debating whether or not i wanted to get a master touch or otg this summer....for $50...i will GLADLY take the lid holder. I used to have a 18 inch weber in 2009 and i hated having to put the lid on the ground everytime i took it off....lol

I have my Performer on the deck, but want another 22 for the patio below. Thinking I'll go Master-Touch, because I already have a lot of the Weber Gourmet inserts.

Family usually gets me gift cards for my upcoming birthday anyway, so it'll be almost paid for. :whoo:

Which did you end up with?

My only concern is for folks to know that if they want to do screamin' high heat pizzas, it will likely melt the bale rollers (some type of plastic) at some point.....it happens a lot......

Which did you end up with?

My only concern is for folks to know that if they want to do screamin' high heat pizzas, it will likely melt the bale rollers (some type of plastic) at some point.....it happens a lot......

The Master Touch has been added to the budget for July...so thats when I will be picking one up from the local Home Depot....for pizzas I will be using my SF warmer with a granite stone and the griddle plate Paul made for me like CharredApron does

Back