THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bearnakedbbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Will be in Georgia taking (2) BBQ classes, so what shoud I see/do on the other 4 days I am not in class?

I will be staying in the Macon area and would be interesed in visiting a great BBQ store, eating great food (maybe not BBQ since I might have get my share at these two classes). Thinking about bring home some Pecans, are they in season? is there a season? Peachs?

Thanks

Troy

Pecans start dropping in mid to late October.

Peaches were a few months ago. Pecans might not be good this year. We've had a very hot summer.

I take it you're going to Unadilla. There's pretty much nothing between Macon and there but Pecan orchids, so you'll have plenty of roadside stands to choose from.

You could put a saw or a hand axe in your truck, and while visiting the area maybe you will see some pecan branches down to snag. Here in Austin, I find at least one good size branch a month that way. Just a thought. Hope you have a good time. :)

Will be in Georgia taking (2) BBQ classes, so what shoud I see/do on the other 4 days I am not in class?

I will be staying in the Macon area and would be interesed in visiting a great BBQ store, eating great food (maybe not BBQ since I might have get my share at these two classes). Thinking about bring home some Pecans, are they in season? is there a season? Peachs?

Thanks

Troy

I don't know the area well enough to recommend any restaurants,but if you're into aviation,this place is a must.

http://www.museumofaviation.org/

It's only about 20mins from Macon.

Back