THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To03zkM.jpg

For short hot holding, I have a Cambro and Coleman 24 can Party Stacker. The Party Stacker nests atop the Cambro model I have. The size and price on the Party Stacker is a super good value so I mostly use it. The lid doubles as a tray (with a raised edge) and true to the name, they stack, and.... it doubles as a larger capacity sous vide vessel. Mrs ~t~ has one in the trunk of her car to hold cold items on shopping days. A couple of Artic Ice packs and it works great. When I first saw the Party Stackers, they were on sale for $22. I bought 2 and 2 more for gifts.

UEUh66Y.jpg

For long hot holding I use Nesco 18Qt roaster. Mine are older and can be set below 200° with reliability even though there is no markings on the dial. On my bucket list is the Hamilton Beach 22Qt roaster, the dial starts at 125° and I called them to confirm the rheostat is designed to hold those lower temps and they said yes. Roaster ovens have a "circle of heat" meaning the heat comes from the sides, not the bottom.

As previously stated it really depends on how much food you plan on holding. When I was running my BBQ food truck I was usually doing 4-6 hour holds, and my Cambro made this job very simple. It had racks to hold the hotel pans, and I also had ceramic warmers which helped to keep the temp at roughly 160F for that 4-6 hours.

If I just needed to hold a single brisket then I think that turkey roaster might be the easiest and safest way to go.
I agree. If I fill my Carlisle with 5 full pans, then it will hold temps for much longer than a cooler.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back