THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'll be making both carne asada and pollo asado al carbon to use on tostadas for 20. I'll also make refried beans, rice, guacamole and salsa for dessert Pastel de Cuatro Leches (four milk cake). Oh yeah and lots of margaritas.

It's my birthday this weekend so I'm treating myself. A 1 1/3 pound porterhouse that I'm currently dry aging. The wife is picking out the sides and she gets a wifey sized ribeye. All digested with a nice bourbon (haven't picked it yet) and my favorite cigar, a Ghurka Shaggy Natural.

starting this 4th cook on the 1st with ribs, 2nd is brisket, 3rd doing some chickens, 4th couple of butts, work 5th and 6th, going to do a chuckie in the mountains on the 7th.

Well its not july 4th for us up here, but on the first I will be doing boneless skinless bacon wrapped chicken thighs with homemade rub as well as a greek style yougurt marinade on bone in skin on chicken thigh. Will also be doing bbq baked beans that I demo'd last weekend (to make sure it was suitable for guests) potatoe salad, homemade gauc., nacho dip, dipping sauces and maple leaf shaped JELLO!! <-- Canada day, eh!!!!!

This.
1000184n.jpg

By sizzlepig at 2010-01-10
Low and Slow.

I wish I knew. I have a couple of options- lots of pork loins, spares and baby backs available, but we haven't decided where we're going yet and no one has asked me to cook... might do something just for myself.

My pit will be done for the weekend so I'm doing the family reunion. 5 - Bone in butts, 30 pieces of chicken low and slow with a high heat finish, and maybe some PIGGLES, Bacon onion blossoms, and a brisket laying around here.

Well its not july 4th for us up here, but on the first I will be doing boneless skinless bacon wrapped chicken thighs with homemade rub as well as a greek style yougurt marinade on bone in skin on chicken thigh. Will also be doing bbq baked beans that I demo'd last weekend (to make sure it was suitable for guests) potatoe salad, homemade gauc., nacho dip, dipping sauces and maple leaf shaped JELLO!! <-- Canada day, eh!!!!!
Why, do you guys just go right from the 3rd to the 5th? Do you have to add the 32nd of December to make it up?

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Cochinita Pibil. I've made faux Cochinita pibil a few times using aluminum foil and we really like the flavor. Finally found some banana (actually Plantain) leaves at a local Mexican grocer. They have the Seville oranges too. I am hyped.

It will be the annual family gathering at my brother's place. This really is a big deal. Nieces and nephews from all over the country show up.

Got a recipe you wouldn't mind sharing for that Kevin?

We're helping out at our village picnic most of the day, grilling up and packaging a couple of thousand hot dogs and brats. Village does a big picnic in a local park, live band, stuff for little kids...buck fifty bears and dogs are like 75 cents, brats 1.25. Usually pretty packed all day.

Doubt I'll be very hungry for more after that!

Have about 50 guests coming over (to the lake). Making 6 butts, 4 chuckies, and 1
large pork tenderloin. BBQ, floatin', drankin', perhaps a little water skiing & tubing.
Then, after dark, a 10 mile boat ride to see the fireworks show. Over water, it's
amazing. Plus, a few hundred boats with all the red and green lights over the water,
it's pretty magical.

Doesn't suck.

Y'all have a great 4th!!!!

The title says it all... What do you guys plan on que'ing up for the 4th? I think I am going to go with some ribs and stuffed jalapenos... Not to sure yet.

Back ribs from the smoker and home made potato salad on friday.plenty of left overs for the weekend.

The fourth means hamburgers and hot dogs to me. Last year did hot dogs, so this year its burgers on the grill, potato chips and either potato salad or macaroni salad :cool:

ps and beer:clap2:

I'm not doing any BBQ. I'll be grilling instead.

I'll be doing a trio of bacon wraps (ABT's, stuffed figs and stuffed mushrooms), chicken, steak, grilled quesadillas, and grilled vegetables for my vegetarian cousin.

Then there's the salads (potato, macaroni, etc.).

I may grill some fruits and drizzle honey on them for a dessert.

Reading this thread is getting me hungry.

Eric

Back