THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First I gotta say that this is a great site and I am really enjoying the reading!
I am doing 12 racks of ribs, 10 butts, 2 briskets and a few sticks of bologna. Add the slaw, beans and homemade ice cream and my bunch should be happy! Can't wait. I'll start burning the hickory to build my coal bed Friday evening with the meat on soon after and finish around noon on Saturday.

Cochinita Pibil. I've made faux Cochinita pibil a few times using aluminum foil and we really like the flavor. Finally found some banana (actually Plantain) leaves at a local Mexican grocer. They have the Seville oranges too. I am hyped.

It will be the annual family gathering at my brother's place. This really is a big deal. Nieces and nephews from all over the country show up.

No telling what all we will cook this weekend. Some ribs to try a new technique, steaks in there somewhere definately. Have done tamales a few times now and several friends have been asking about them. I have several pounds of pulled pork from our comp this past weekend so it may be tamales one day as well. Whatever, it will be fun!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone has a great time and please remember our troops. Be safe brothers and sister!

well it's my birthday (on the 4th duh) and im cookin what looks to be 20# of pork butt, a 15 or so pound briskey, MOINKs, and hotdogs and hamburgers for the goofy ones, and thanks to a generous bro here i will have a nice selection of BBQ sauces to accompany everything!!!

we have a bbq comp.. so 2 briskets 2 butts 24 thighs and 3 racks are spares and we are doing peoples choice so some tri-tip and sausage and abbys and what ever else we can find to cook should be a blast anybody out there near or around stockton ca. webers point come out to way out west bbq comp .. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I haven't done jack on my Egg yet due to committments, so I am going to push it this weekend. Shoulder, brisket, Moink balls, corn on the cob, fatties, kielbasa, cole slaw, gazpacho, and whatever else I can think of. Ooh Rah!

An Angus Packer Brisket, a whole bone-in pork loin on the EZ-Cue rotisserie, Road Side Chicken thighs and probably some ABT's. Too much food but that's how we roll around here!

May the Fourth be with You!

Brother is home on leave, he and his family will be visting. Making 4 racks of spares, pork butt, MOINK balls, ABT's, hot dogs for the little kids, haven't decided on the sides yet.

I was just getting on the computer to ask the same question...For me, 2 briskets, 2 butts, 6 racks of st louis ribs on the big vertical :-D

Karens' Dad:)loco:) is coming up from North Carolina and her sisters and all their families will be here too. Think about 30 in all. Going to do about 20 lbs. of butt (UDS), 30 skinless lemon-pepper thighs(grill), corned beef(BIL), MOINKS(UDS), others will bring coleslaw, baked beans, corn on the cob(I'll probably end up doing but that's ok) and sweet tater caserole(SIL). By Mon. I think a couple nice relaxing 2" ribeyes are in order.:grin:

We are going to a friends house for the day. I asked if we could bring something and she asked for some Pulled Pork. As I am the Capt. of Over Kill, I will have some add ons. I'm not sure what it will be, but I know I'm going to have a good time cooking it.

If it's the same Root Beer sauce I use, it is a real crowd pleaser. The rub and spray that are it's companions make for some tasty, tangy ribs. Good luckl

Smokin' D whats this rub and spray you speak of? Sounds interresting...

Well after talking with the wife, the plan has gone from ribs and stuffed jalaps to: ribs, a few whole chickens, a butt, stuffed jalaps, and who knows what else! Should be tons of fun.

We are going to a friends house for the day. I asked if we could bring something and she asked for some Pulled Pork. As I am the Capt. of Over Kill, I will have some add ons. I'm not sure what it will be, but I know I'm going to have a good time cooking it.
Careful Guido, that's how I started...

This weekend I figure we'll do 4 maybe 5 slabs of dino bones on Saturday and then I'll do my 2nd annual 100# hog starting around midnight for Sunday...

Back