I watched the video 3 times... explain it to me slow and I'll get it fast.
let's see if I got it (still got some questions):
Prepare and trim the ribs.
Apply a wet binder (sauce\oil\mustard etc) and rub according to your taste.
Heat up the smoker to 270-325f.
?? any kind of wood?
Put the ribs in and wait for the orange "pig Honey" to be visible on all the surface.
?? how long to expect +/-? Does it have to be 100% covered?
Leave only charcoal in the cooker and close all air flow.
Wait 30 min and check doneness.

Is that it?

i'm digging the video. donnie is out there but knows his sh*t. if you have never seen pig honey then you need to not wrap just once and let it happen. i never thought about leaving it on the offset and let it cool down. that's just a little brilliant and little touches like this make a difference. :thumb:

i'm digging the video. donnie is out there but knows his sh*t. if you have never seen pig honey then you need to not wrap just once and let it happen. i never thought about leaving it on the offset and let it cool down. that's just a little brilliant and little touches like this make a difference. :thumb:

Yes. The I think the video is supposed to be a starting point for the uninitiated. A simple way to see what ribs can truly be.

I'd be interested to see how these work on differing pit styles. I would venture to say on my insulated Humphreys Pint these would get over done, whereas on an offset, this works well. I played with this method on my old UDS, simply because the shutdown temps were quicker, my Pint will hold temp for hours after shutdown. The weep is fun to see though.

find where 160-180 is on your gates

open door, reduce to 160-180... keep it there.

I only act like i am out there.

?? any kind of wood?
Put the ribs in and wait for the orange "pig Honey" to be visible on all the surface.

Is that it?

Listen to the music. Smoke or PJ will explain what that means

Original Video here. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbBFZstQRUY"]Popdaddys Hot and Fast Weeping Ribs Method - YouTube[/ame]

https://youtu.be/GbBFZstQRUY

https://youtu.be/wrR245Z7pGE

I started these ribs with a slather of tiger sauce and the last of my secret weapon chicken and pork.

Its almost too easy. Let em ride to they ooze pig honey and then shut it down. Here they are just starting to weep but it's not done yet.

Ribs. Just in time for the throwdown

?? any kind of wood?

Is that it?

Sorry Ofer. The video can be hard p to follow being from another country. Im not even sure how familiar you are with James Brown or American Funk music. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funk

Add to it the Tony Montana thing....anyway

These were spare ribs rough times are 4-5 hrs @275/ 3-4 hrs @325
The times dont matter so much though. Its the other cues that determine its done.

Ideally most of the surface would weep. My rack was really thick on one end so that took more time.

You close it down to finish cooking slowly. Just make sure its burning clean embers, you dont want it to smolder.

Those look great, I need to give this a run, I always cook baby backs, these look like they are better. Love the method, Thanks.

Sorry Ofer. The video can be hard p to follow being from another country. Im not even sure how familiar you are with James Brown or American Funk music. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funk

Add to it the Tony Montana thing....anyway

These were spare ribs rough times are 4-5 hrs @275/ 3-4 hrs @325
The times dont matter so much though. Its the other cues that determine its done.

Ideally most of the surface would weep. My rack was really thick on one end so that took more time.

You close it down to finish cooking slowly. Just make sure its burning clean embers, you dont want it to smolder.

We do get funky sometimes in the middle east.
We are even known to occasionally rock the casbah:wink:

Back