THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
For the Kettle Throwdown here -
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297799

Chicken Thighs on the Weber

Just getting started, after 2 days in the fridge, left uncovered with a dry brine. Why 2 days? Got lazy yesterday about making dinner, so an extra day doesn't hurt. :becky:

Simple seasoning today: AP Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Pepper, Paprika -

2gcQ2CU.jpg

Hot grill, indirect around 400F. After a flip at 20 mins, a spray with EVOO, another flip after another 20, they're crispy and ready to come off at 50 minutes total. Internal temp is around 185, perfect for thighs -

ks0EFto.jpg

Dinner is ready! -

0OUWhDP.jpg

It doesn't get much easier than that. The Weber Kettle does all the work.

Thanks for checking in on tonite's Weber Chicken Thigh dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

That looks spot on! I tried Kettle Fried Drumsticks tonight.They were O.K. But the crust was not crispy.I did not do the dry brine and that may have been what I missed.I spritzed with canned spray duck fat but they did not get “crispy”Your meal looks divine.

That looks spot on! I tried Kettle Fried Drumsticks tonight.They were O.K. But the crust was not crispy.I did not do the dry brine and that may have been what I missed.I spritzed with canned spray duck fat but they did not get “crispy”Your meal looks divine.

Thanks. I think the dry brine and sitting uncovered for a good number of hours really helps dry out the skin.

Funny, I tried spritzing with Duck Fat, but my can wasn't cooperating. I could feel there was some sort of solid in the can when shaking back and forth, but no spray. Irritating, as this is a fairly new can. I checked on the Duck Fat website which addresses "I hear a thud when I shake the can", their reason being there's a bag of duck fat surrounded by compressed air. Interesting. I'll probably try cleaning the nozzle.

Back