Walmart Beef Ribs?

SmokinBub

Knows what a fatty is.
I've asked my local grocery if they carry beef ribs but they do not. My local butcher does carry them, but when I asked they said the ribs were frozen and I'd have to buy the whole slab.

I was at Walmart recently and saw they carry beef ribs. Think the brand is BBCue. Anyone tried these before?

I can't recall the brand but I tried some from Walmart. They were spoiled so I can't comment on anything other than there wasn't a lot of meat. There were 2 in the pack. Never bought them again.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The beef ribs that my Walmart carries are back ribs that are heavily trimmed pretty much all shiners. Would not consider them for a meal, appetizer at best.

I'm guessing back ribs, won't be meaty and lot will cook off. What's left will be rewarding

I'm honestly baffled butchers don't carry short ribs in some areas. I can find whole plate at my butcher, sometimes I'm out of luck if they've already cut them English style. Another butcher always cuts then flankeN

242ea989e2f7842163dd968ff364a1a3.jpg

I agree with the appetizer grade... these are not prime time cuts. The price reflect that though and they are still Choice.

I try to get their beef ribs that are not vacuumed sealed but rather the regular butcher block stuff. Same quality but more meat. Tasty if done right. Just remember there's not much fat or meat on them like a dino rib.

I looked at the so called Beef ribs at Walmart several times, someone should go to Jail for selling rib bones for almost $4 / pound.

I think there is more meat in a can of dog food then whats on the ribs.:crazy:

What happened to the making-any-meat-type-good type of challenge? It's $2.24 a pound. Worth it if you're playing around with flavors.

I bought a pack and cooked it on the 4th. Liked said above, lot's of shiners. Cut pretty thin. Still tasty. Would need quite a few to have a meal off of. I had them at a party, also cooked spares, ABT's, and wings. Then the host had burgers and dogs.

Ribs.jpg

What does shiner mean?

How huge is a whole slab? Butcher here in Thailand only sell beef rib plates with 7 bones. The extra 3 are usually full of fat very little meat.

What does shiner mean?

How huge is a whole slab? Butcher here in Thailand only sell beef rib plates with 7 bones. The extra 3 are usually full of fat very little meat.

so little meat on top you can see the bone. The meat on top is cut off to be made into steaks that sell for higher price, so butchers trim as close to the bone as possible, leaving a shiney rib behind

I tired them once. I couldn't believe I wasted such good rub on that ****ty of a piece of meat. Haven't bought meat (any meat) from Walmart since. That was a year and a half ago.

Back