Wait for it...........wait for it..........

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Here it comes............
Snake%20River%20Farms%20042_zpswutv1x7m.jpg

Wait for it..............
Snake%20River%20Farms%20043_zpsn5wcgiqx.jpg

Here it comes...............
Snake%20River%20Farms%20044_zpsetopwuvg.jpg

On the way...............
BOOM...........here it is!!!!!!!!!!

Snake%20River%20Farms%20045_zps5sijrbdi.jpg

First, the Kurobuta Pork ribs, St Louis cut.........
Snake%20River%20Farms%20046_zpsvwt7qbob.jpg

Initial impression: Advertised at Approx 2# +/- 0.5 pounds, these weighed in at 1# 13oz, 2#2oz and 1#14oz, so the weight is as advertised. Definitely not as pretty as the picture on the web site(not really a surprise, just an observation), and do not look as meaty as I was hoping to see for the price, they look to be trimmed pretty close, perhaps what is lacking in quantity will be made up in flavor, we shall see. The St Louis cut ribs I buy at Cash & Carry are much meatier. I will be cooking these side by side tomorrow for dinner, and I'll post my results/thoughts on those.

And then this.........
Snake%20River%20Farms%20047_zpspbnyp9a5.jpg

Snake%20River%20Farms%20048_zpshlrjzzcm.jpg

This is their Prime Rib of Pork. Advertised as approx 7# +/- 0.5#, mine weighed in at 9# .25oz, nearly 2# better than advertised and looks like a really nice roast:-D, probably looks better than the advertised pic, kinda hard to tell in the cryo. The plan for this is for family dinner on Sunday, again, I'll post the results.

Also this...............
Snake%20River%20Farms%20049_zpsonjqvtcq.jpg

A couple of their Cowboy Chops, advertised at approx 2# +/- 0.5#, mine weighed in at 2.2# and 2.8#, so a little better than advertised:-D. Appearance wise, hard to tell in the cryo, but I will post a pic with the cook. The "little" one will probably be cooked up on Monday or Tuesday.

And then the BIGGIE............
Snake%20River%20Farms%20050_zpsyqns8tty.jpg

This is their American Kobe Boneless Prime Rib Roast. I don't see anything that "says" Kobe, I am assuming it is ID'd by the "Black Label". I ordered the 5# version and as you can see, I got a 1# bonus, gotta like that, right?:-D. Appearance wise, again hard to tell in the cryo. I'm debating on this one.............do I slice it up into steaks (my original plan), or save it for a special occasion and prepare it as is. The whole point in my buying all this was to see if it lives up to the hype, and I figured cutting this into steaks would certainly tell me what I want to know.........although the thought just popped into my head just slice off that "bonus" pound for a try, and save the rest as a whole roast for later:idea:.

In any case, I worked a bunch of overtime to pay for all of this, been wanting to try SRF for quite some time, and their "winter sale" provided the opportunity for me to sample a wide variety. The whole works came in at just over $15.00/pound, which is pretty damned expensive in my view, but not bad compared to their "regular" prices.
Bottom line..........If it lives up to the hype they'll have a repeat customer, if not, well I'm sure I'll still enjoy it anyway.

Anyway, more to come.

Thanks for looking,
KC

I can't Afford to even look at this thread.......... :shock:

I can't even afford to read your post about not being able to read this thread!

However, I couldn't afford to look at the Sears and Roebuck Christmas catalog when I was a youngster, but it didn't stop me from lookin & wishin! It is some fine looking meat and I am sure the OP will really enjoy it when he gets it cooked up.

Omar

I was almost getting ready to click the very same order minus the ribs and larger on the beef roast! Then I got "found out" and stopped.:doh:

So I shall live vicariously through you!!! Looking forward to alllll the cooks!

Nice haul! I agree, hard to really tell what you are getting in those cryo packages. The steaks I got looked much better when thawed and getting ready to go on the grill. I have one of the Tri-Tips in the fridge thawing now. Will see how she looks this afternoon...

Back