THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I live in Holly, just north of Pontiac, we always looked forward to our annual trip to.the BBQ contest in Kingsford,.always a great group of people.and an excellent contest.
They brought pasties around for breakfast on Saturday morning, excellent .

Went to Pasty Central last weekend and ordered pasty (and Trenary Toast) to be shipped to my sis and her husband in NC. Got an email from PC couple days ago confirming 2-day shipment. But, I screwed up. Accidentally had them sent to myself. Went back online and reordered to ship to my sis next week.

My pasties arrived today, still partially frozen (they can be refrozen). A little bummed looking at the listed ingredients...no lard in the dough. Still, can't wait to try one.

pasty_10.jpg

Ex-SIL and I still talk few times a year to catch up. She calls when she wants advice on a new phone, TV, appliance, etc. More than happy to help her out.

She was in my area today and stopped by with a token of appreciation. The Salvation Army near her makes pasty couple times a year as fund raiser. Looking forward to trying these out...even the chicken and veggie.

salvat10.jpg

We were finally going up to my cousins this Sunday and was tracking food along the way and spotted Dobbers (Red Onion) in Escanaba, A half hour short of her place and was super pumped for a stop there. Talked to her yesterday and she has upper respiratory problems and wasn't up to it.
The reason for a late year trip was our 50th anniversary is the 28th and we are going to spend a couple days at the motel right next to the Areial bridge that allows ocean vessels into the port of Duluth. Unbelievably cool to see a ship go by your window!

So now the hunt is on for pasties in Duluth MN, and thoughts? I know decades ago the old man found some there. Up the road at Two Harbers there is Mary's pies that have great pasties.

Tried the Salvation Army beef pasty. Filling was decent despite no rutabaga. Dough/crust wasn't even close to decent. Sort of bready. Fell apart trying to put in the oven.

@Ed Have seen some DDD episodes featuring Duluth pasty places. Can't remember the names but think there is some decent pasty to be had. Good luck!

Back