THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hurricanedavid

is one Smokin' Farker
My wife bought one slab of St. Louis ribs and wanted them for dinner. This would normally be a weekend cook when I had unlimited cook time. One slab of ribs was hardly worth the effort of bringing out my Stumps smoker. So, I researched on cooking ribs hot and fast on BGE and ran into a Turbo Ribs method.

In summary, the ribs are cooked meat down in indirect heat at 350F for approximately two hours. I used apple wood to provide the smoke and sauced them with Sweet Baby Rays.

Surprisingly, they turned out perfect and had a fantastic flavor profile. One thing noticed was they were light on smoke but the wife preferred them over my Stumps ribs with heavier smoke.

I highly recommend the "Turbo Ribs" method if you want some ribs but don't have five hours to cook them.

Following are some pictures of the cook and thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:
Ribs look good. I haven't found a hot fast I like yet for ribs. I will surely have to try this one. How was the bite? The boss likes them fall off the bone. Thanks

The entire rack was nearly fall off the bone. Two solid hours of cooking should put the ribs right in your Boss's wheelhouse....:thumb:

Last edited:
Ribs are good! I would say you are digging them so much because you are used to doing them slow. That sounds delicious getting a good l, crispy burn on all the fat!

Looks great. I cook hot and fast at 400-500 and don't like my pit getting below 400 so I can attest that hot n fast works.

If you want a little heavier smoke profile from hot and fast try some well seasoned mesquite. It'll be a revelation for you.

Looks great. I cook hot and fast at 400-500 and don't like my pit getting below 400 so I can attest that hot n fast works.

If you want a little heavier smoke profile from hot and fast try some well seasoned mesquite. It'll be a revelation for you.

wait......weren't you all about super low temps six months ago?

No.
I've been cooking exclusively hot and fast for almost two years now,. I tried super low and slow. Wasnt my cup of tea. I tried hot and fast. Revelation

oh, sorry time got away from me.

you still on the active hold band wagon? I find it's not so much how you get there but how you finish. the hot hold is built into all my cooks of large protein

oh, sorry time got away from me.

you still on the active hold band wagon? I find it's not so much how you get there but how you finish. the hot hold is built into all my cooks of large protein

That's awesome. Active hold was pretty good when I was having to use it but went extinct with low and slow. I can cook any meat, unsalted ,in 3-4 hours now so no more need for the active hold.if I have a get together I can start cooking about 4-5 hours before so no need to hold anymore Hot n fast has changed the way I cook for the better.

Last edited:
Back