THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

palmtreesmokehouse

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Hello everyone quick question I see that a lot of people use turbinado sugar in there rubs I have been looking for it at stores and can't find any wondering where what store I can get at it

thanks

Krogers, Walmart... Most of the time it will be in a box next to the brown sugar.

Or that is were we find it at around here.

Sugar in the Raw is the most common brand of Turbinado sugar.

As for the benefits, Turbinado sugar comes from the first pressing of sugar cane. I still has some of the molasses flavor that is found in sugar cane. It is also considered somewhat healthier than highly processed white sugar.

In a rub, you get some of the molasses character of Brown Sugar, but in a dried sugar product. It doesn't clump up as easily as brown sugar.

CD

I have also read that it burns at a higher temp than regular sugar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have also read that it burns at a higher temp than regular sugar.

I did a quick Google, and it appears that all the sugars start to carbonize (burn) at 350 degrees. So, for low and slow cooks, it shouldn't be an issue.

CD

Back