THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troy Pig Out Update

Just a quick update, The contest is coming together very nicely, it will be held at the edge of the river in downtown Troy NY. All spaces will be located on the streets of the city, the area where we will be set up has been used for movies such as The Scent of a Woman, Ironweed and The Age of Innocence. It is a very pretty downtown area. The contest is sponsered by The City of Troy and is part of the weekend BBQ Festival which will include Live Music, Beer Gardens, Fireworks on Saturday Night and vendors. The organizers are promising to make this as competitor friendy as Harpoon and HVRF ! The schedule will be Friday Night Load In, Saturday NEBS Grilling Contest and Sunday KCBS Contest.

The Revised Application / Cooks Package will be up on the City Website sometime next week, it will be a link. As soon as its posted I will let you guys know. Thats it for Now.. :p

Just a quick update, The contest is coming together very nicely,

Sounds good, do you know what the total purse is? The app only says 2k GC, 1K RGC.

And whats that? 4 NY state championships in the mix for the invitationals?

Just a quick update, The contest is coming together very nicely, it will be held at the edge of the river in downtown Troy NY. All spaces will be located on the streets of the city, the area where we will be set up has been used for movies such as The Scent of a Woman, Ironweed and The Age of Innocence. It is a very pretty downtown area. The contest is sponsered by The City of Troy and is part of the weekend BBQ Festival which will include Live Music, Beer Gardens, Fireworks on Saturday Night and vendors. The organizers are promising to make this as competitor friendy as Harpoon and HVRF ! The schedule will be Friday Night Load In, Saturday NEBS Grilling Contest and Sunday KCBS Contest.

The Revised Application / Cooks Package will be up on the City Website sometime next week, it will be a link. As soon as its posted I will let you guys know. Thats it for Now.. :p

This looks pretty sweet.

Ya it looks to be great I will also be vending at the Troy riverside festival also I just got my comp application so they are available now.

that application is being superceded with the one to be posted this week, there will also be a letter sent to potential vendors in a week or two with fees, requirements etc. The purse will be close to Harpoon or better, it will be locked in by 5/1. Stay Tuned .

Ya it looks to be great I will also be vending at the Troy riverside festival also I just got my comp application so they are available now.

The grilling will be per the new NEBS Grilling Rules, as of now the catagories are being forwarded to the board of NEBS for reveiw prior to be annouced. it should be a week or two, stay tuned guys

TroyGirl

Anything on the grilling categories yet? or the new rules from NEBS?

Lots of details still being worked out, but Black Angus will be supplying all the brisket for the KCBS contest as well as a "beef cut to be determined" for grilling . . . lining up lots of good music, PR, family fun area (for Carmen and the Cold Cuts) and serious prize money and sponsors coming in. Stay tuned.

FYI, looks like load in will be Friday or very early (till 8 a.m.) Saturday due to the city closing the streets off.

Grace Johnson (pigmaker's better half:wink:)

Oh well, gonna miss this one as I will be on business in Chicago until the Thursday before Harpoon. At least I will have something to look forward to coming back from the meetings.

Trying to decide between this and Lake Placid. It's less of a drive and one less day, but I hear great things about Lake Placid.

do both of them !! you can keep your stuff at my house in Albany between Lake Placid and Troy so you can save on gas

Troy Pig Out Contest Update

Just an update to the upcoming contest on July 19th & 20th

The prize money total pool is now $ 7,500 Minimum. Final percentage payouts on catagories and GC/Reserve will be posted in a week or two.

The grilling contest will be held on Saturday July 19th, NEBS 2008 Grilling Rules apply and are what will be used. The catagories are as follows:

Chicken Wings

Vegetables

Beef Steak

Pizza

The Beef Steak will be supplied to the teams, it will be CAB Ribeyes.

The Prize Amounts for Grilling are as follows:

1st Place - $100.00 2nd Place $50.00 3rd Place $ 25.00 / Each Catagory
Grand Champion - New Gas Grill
Reserve Grand - $150.00

The Contest is shaping up very nicely, more details next week with regard to team goodies, set up locations etc, stay tuned.

For teams that may want to store their trailers near the contest between Lake Placid and Harpoon we are working on a secure location for you.

Looks like a great comp, Eric! Can't wait. How many teams so far?

Back