Tried to change my wife's view of lamb chops

I'm with your wife, not a fan of lamb. Great looking cook though!
It's that gamey taste that turns me off. I've heard that if you soak Deer meat in milk before grilling it kills the gamey flavor. Anyone know if that will work for lamb too?

Yes, or yoghurt:thumb:

If you have a Costco membership, you might also try the lamb rib roast they have. We have taken to buying that and slicing them between the bones into individual chops. It's quite a bit more expensive than the little t-bones, but my family likes them much better.

Yeah I respectfully agree - do NOT OVERCOOK.
Just did 4 chops today - they were different sizes -
so I placed thme around the heat, monitored the temp and got them off at about 118.
Perfect. They sat on a plate for 10 minutes while I finished a huge bone in split breast for sandwiches. You buy sliced chicken / turkey in a store?
ALL salt and preservatives.

Then I got the charcoal even hotter and threw on the lamb for the Mailliard and
max was 134 ish, most less. Delicious and moist.
LAMB SHOULD BE RARE OR MEDIUM RARE, same as Venison.
Otherwise, it's a hockey puck.

If you have a Costco membership, you might also try the lamb rib roast they have. We have taken to buying that and slicing them between the bones into individual chops. It's quite a bit more expensive than the little t-bones, but my family likes them much better.
I've Eyed them, but have not bought them yet.. how do you cook the sliced chops?

Can't take long!

Back