THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Had a Trader Joes dinner last night. Had picked up some groceries on the way home...wanted to make a meal using what I bought.

Who can resist "pulled brisket" :tsk:
005.jpg

Just kidding here...told the boys they could have this for lunch (while I'm at work!!). Has some fine microwave heating instructions!! :tsk:

Here are the real supplies. The menu: reverse-seared tri-tip, "chicken legs", smoked taters, grilled veggies, beans, bread and a few things to wash it all down:
002.jpg

Tri-tip all rubbed up, waiting for it's turn in the smoker. Used my Smoker Joe (smokey joe converted to a mini WSM):
006.jpg

Tri in the smoke (oak, hickory):
010.jpg

Pulled at around 130 internal. Gonna have a little rest while I crank up the heat, finish chicken and veggies:
012.jpg

Here's the high heat:
020-1.jpg

The sear. Couple of minutes a side brought us to about 135 internal:
021.jpg

023.jpg

Sliced tri-tip:
031-1.jpg

My plate (poor inside lighting mod):
033.jpg

I've decided I'm not a big fan of TJ's tri-tip. Have cooked it a few times now, seems to me it's a bit tougher than my usual Costco supplied tri (and can't touch the american kobe tri-tip from Select Gourmet Foods).

Used TJ "everday seasoning" on the chicken. Was pretty tasty..."chicken legs" are always a hit with my kids, who think all food should have a handle!

Like the TJ charcoal. Have been keeping several bags on hand. Not bad at $6.99 for 18# bag.

Wine was as good as $4.00 gets you!! :wink:

Back