THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it time yet?

I wish! Just finished packing all my misc stuff that 4 Smokin Butts is going to transport out for me. Amazing all the small crap you can stuff into a couple of plastic tubs! :laugh: Thankful for him and you guys out West who are hooking me up with the bigger stuff!

This thing is right in my backyard, I want to go to the competition (as a spectator).

I am off on the afternoon of the 30th, working a 30 hr shift from 8am 31st through 12 noon on the 1st. (bad timing)

Will there be anything to see if I come by on the afternoon of the 30th? afternoon of the 1st?

Porcine Pirate

"Pigs are our Tasty Friends"

This thing is right in my backyard, I want to go to the competition (as a spectator).

I am off on the afternoon of the 30th, working a 30 hr shift from 8am 31st through 12 noon on the 1st. (bad timing)

Will there be anything to see if I come by on the afternoon of the 30th? afternoon of the 1st?

Porcine Pirate

Stop by and have a beer, I'll be there early on Thursday morning and setting up by noon... Beers should be cold by 1:00.

Andy
Master of Disaster BBQ Team

Let me know if anyone needs our stuff and Plowboys rubs. We also have blues hog original and red, spicewine and head country original sauces.

Send PM to place order, no shipping to Tom's Farm Comp.

Shameless Plug Mod :-D

Stop by and have a beer, I'll be there early on Thursday morning and setting up by noon... Beers should be cold by 1:00.

Andy
Master of Disaster BBQ Team

Will do.

Porcine Pirate

"Pigs are Our Tasty Friends"

Porcine Pirate

Ya come on by and hang out with some fellow menifee citizens. Well be cooking both nights. Ever think of getting a team together it would be nice to have another team to help represent menifee

Ya come on by and hang out with some fellow menifee citizens. Well be cooking both nights. Ever think of getting a team together it would be nice to have another team to help represent menifee

will come and hang out. I only have the afternoon of the 30th and then afternoon of the 1st, this year

I may try to get a team together next year for this event. Just for fun. see what we can do with our home made smokers.
firstsmoke2.jpg

smoker-with-top.jpg

Porcine Pirate

Afternoon of the 30th -- teams setting up..

afternoon of the 1st- you'll still have peoples choice tasting, beer and wine garden, awards ceremony at 6pm.. maybe even see some late entry meats Brisket turn in is at 1:30pm.....

Looking forward to getting out of another holiday family get together...thanks Henry.

I am afraid after this years event -- next year over 100 teams are going to want to do the same... In search of a location that can hold 100+ for what should become the 3rd most important contest-- besides the Jack and Royal as far as top teams coming to it, to keep, improve, and or maintain their positions in the points chase be it KCBS or CBBQA... I want this to also be a fun way for BBQ guys/gals, families to spend the last holiday of the year, and have an equivalent (- about 1,980,000 people or about 20,000) of our own little Rose Parade year in and year out...

I am afraid after this years event -- next year over 100 teams are going to want to do the same... In search of a location that can hold 100+ for what should become the 3rd most important contest-- besides the Jack and Royal as far as top teams coming to it, to keep, improve, and or maintain their positions in the points chase be it KCBS or CBBQA... I want this to also be a fun way for BBQ guys/gals, families to spend the last holiday of the year, and have an equivalent (- about 1,980,000 people or about 20,000) of our own little Rose Parade year in and year out...

what about over by lake skinner where they hold the balloon festival, that should be big enough, or maybe by the lake Elsinore stadium.

porcine pirate

That red one is SWEET looking!

cooks sweet too. I have pulled some mighty fine Q off that bad boy.

might have to make a portable model to go to comps with.

Porcine Pirate

Back