THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pstores

is Blowin Smoke!
Alright what do you guys think of this........ I am going to put a cabinet on top of the Meadow Creek. This will serve for three purposes.
1) warmer, vent from cook chamber
2) steaks and high heat chicken (vent from fire box)
3) cold smoker or very low temp sausage, jerky, or cheese. (Pellet assembly)

Thinking pellet assembly could be made to slide in under the ash pan. Have to pull out ash pan and make a door to seal that off. Open vent to the cabinet from the fire box. Maybe make a slide in piece for the half moon area going to the cook chamber but probably not needed. Naturally the heat should go up into cabinet and not cook chamber. But worth a thought.

Insulate top of cabinet to keep more even temps and maybe make it double wall design. 1/4" gap on three walls. Better recovery and less effect of rain and snow.

Shelf on front to catch drippings

And a built in Grease/drain pan with valve coming out the back. With a hanger for a grease pail. Like a Treager would have.
All stainless bar stock racks......

Well good ideas or not? See any pros and cons to the thought process. I don't do comps. But will once in awhile do stuff for friends and family. So all in once unit could be handy once in a great while.

Im not sure about putting a cabinet on top? Doesent the door on your Meadow Creek swing up?

Most offsets I have seen with a warmer box have it on either end, sounds like you could do one on each end and get the results you are looking for.

I would be curious to see a sketch or something of your idea.

Just a warmer on top of the firebox. The firebox door swings to the right not up. Warmer would go on the firebox.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 148
there is no way I would mod that sweet rig of yours

Not even to add something like this? I am not an artist but should get the general drift. Do you think I could possibly have it end up not working as well? It does run so easily I can say that...... Thanks for the input and who ever else has two cents to toss in. Maybe I should have made a poll..... Lol..... I would hate to do something that it didn't run as well. Being a newbie at sticks this thing is a dream to run.... The thing under and to the back is a pellet hopper that I want to use to take on and off..... Maybe I'll just look at a cabinet...... With a pellet hopper. Be good for a warmer and jerky...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 129
I agree with Twisted. If you want a smoker with a warmer and 'live' smoke (MC's term for a connection between the firebox and warmer) then maybe you should consider a different smoker. You have an insulated firebox which also adds a degree of complexity and then a removable pellet module?? I suppose if you have access to a high quality welder who is willing to work with you then you could certainly add a warmer which would look as if it were part of the new smoker but you certainly want to avoid a situation where the warmer addition appears to be an obvious (and less 'finished') cobble job. AT MC, they added a cold smoking device through a thermometer port on a MC50BX for those needed cold smoke.

Here's an idea, order a TS120P w/warmer from MC and drive to PA to take it home and simply drop your current smoker off at my house!

Your drawing is a little off with regard to the bulbous right side. It won't butt up that tightly...unless you're saying that that would be part of the mod. That is an awesome unit.

Just my opinion.... You have a goodlooking cooker.... Be aware the elipitical head on your cooker is going to limit the width of the warmer... Unless you want the warmer to stick out past the firebox.. To me that would not look as good... Be that as it may... Do what is best for you.... You have a sharp looking rid as is....

I would ask (not knowing) Do you have the resources to cut/bend /weld the material, say 1/4 steel plate? As for the warmer, I wonder if Meadow Creek would sell you a warmer box that you could add on. But not knowing how its attached or what is changed internally if a warmer box is added its tough to say how easy a conversion like that would be.

As the others mentioned I would really be concerned about doing something I couldn't "un do" and would think twice before doing any cutting

Damn fine looking rig- be a shame to mod it. But it's your thing- do whatcha wanna do...

Well I was thinking about having a high quality company build the cabinet and I would add the cooker myself. I have built Glue Extruding Machines from scratch for HB Fuller company as well as a lot of other work. But I am going to agree with you guys I think. That Meadow Creek is so easy to run even as a newbie to stick burning.... Makes me look like a pro. So maybe I'll talk the other company into building me alittle pellet cabinet. Just for sausages and jerky...... Ok, back to rethinking,,,,,, thanks for your input..... Problem with BBQ....... To much thinking... Lmao

Back