THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of TD Voting do you prefer

• I prefer results hidden while in progress

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • I prefer results shown while in progress

Votes: 33 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm new here, maybe over a year or so, and I won my very first TD recently. Believe me, it's a confidence builder and something I am very proud of. Thank you for the platform Phil.
I understand and can appreciate all the valid points about what is fun about these TD's and what is not. I did not vote on the poll, nor would I. It's fun for me, IMO.
But truth be told, Toast won a really close battle, and a fantastic meal to boot.
For the time being, let him enjoy the moment. Don't kill his buzz.

We have the rest of lives to work out the schematics of future TD's.

Congrats again on your TD win, it was very nice indeed.:thumb:

I dont believe that any of the comments made are directed nor intended to diminish anyone's achievements but rather to illustrate the TD's past, present and current direction. Nobody knows what the future holds but for some of us, mostly those of us that have seen the past and present. This is the rest of our TD lives.

The worst thing about that generous prize package is that depending on who the winner was the package could have been completely different. Perhaps prizes should be posted in advance so that everyone knows the stakes. Full transparency could sure help eliminate some conspiracy theories and that also applies to voting.

Could have been? Would HAVE to have been:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2949670&postcount=1

***Please Note: Due to shipping restrictions for perishables, these prizes can only be shipped to the lower 48 states. ***

Which, regardless of intent, essentially made members living outside of the lower 48 second class for that quarter. Why enter?

Could have been? Would HAVE to have been:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2949670&postcount=1

***Please Note: Due to shipping restrictions for perishables, these prizes can only be shipped to the lower 48 states. ***

Which, regardless of intent, essentially made members living outside of the lower 48 second class for that quarter. Why enter?

That's exactly what I was referring to but I went with "could have" because Mongo could have also won from the lower 48. If someone believed in conspiracy theories (I don't) they could easily deduce that a result from the lower 48 was in the sponsors best interest. Invisible transparency suxs.

images

Oh, c'mon. Some of like the sound of a stick smacking rotted flesh. Seriously though, there is obviously a divide here, and it won't just go away. But, I'll shut up.
Hmm, smacking meat. I may have to add that to my tag line.....:laugh:

Back