THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke Rings are overrated in my book. I'm looking at the carmelization, rendering, the glaze and the sheen...........but most importantly is the juice and moisture in the meat. That sauce sounds GOOD! The best stuff is made out of a little of dis an dat!
I'd hit a rack!

Bob brisket and his wife

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cehkSxOLNA"]Xtreme Te Extrano ~ Original version © - YouTube[/ame]

Let them cook for 2 1/2 ~ 3 hours then glazed. In 30 minutes glazed again and left for 30 more when they were done. Moist and tender, they were.

the texture was more bite through than crunch through with a good bark. Interesting to be sure.

They look great from here.. :rockon:

One thing I have noticed on my Akorn is that it takes about 3 hrs for a bark to set if not a little longer.. The cooker is so moist it takes a while.. If you were seeking a crunch through bark, you essentially starting applying moisture when the bark was just starting to set..

I have gone away from foil completely is that if you followed common cooking times for ribs 3-2-1 2-2-1 your bark would not be set enough to warrant foil..

They look great from here.. :rockon:

One thing I have noticed on my Akorn is that it takes about 3 hrs for a bark to set if not a little longer.. The cooker is so moist it takes a while.. If you were seeking a crunch through bark, you essentially starting applying moisture when the bark was just starting to set..

I have gone away from foil completely is that if you followed common cooking times for ribs 3-2-1 2-2-1 your bark would not be set enough to warrant foil..

Yep. Went outside to make a minor adjustment and saw white "smoke" coming out of the top vents. Put my hand over it to check the smell and it turned out to be steam coming off the ribs. :mrgreen:

I'm a fan of good BBQ sauces so you don't have to convince me. Great lookin' ribs right there!

Back