THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over the years I've seen people gripe about Jambos because of their price... but everything I've looked at that is an Apples to Apples comparison is either similarly priced or way more... that Yoder trailer is a perfect example.

You can certainly buy cheaper smokers that have a greater capacity, but they're not a Jambo. If you eventually compete you'll have a tremendous tool at your disposal.

Over the years I've seen people gripe about Jambos because of their price... but everything I've looked at that is an Apples to Apples comparison is either similarly priced or way more... that Yoder trailer is a perfect example.

You can certainly buy cheaper smokers that have a greater capacity, but they're not a Jambo. If you eventually compete you'll have a tremendous tool at your disposal.
I think Shirley Fabrication is the only maker putting out pits the quality of a Jambo for significantly less money. Although I suppose if you got Paul to quote you a 64" x 27" with an insulated firebox and had the trailer all enclosed in sheet metal with an automotive paint job, you'd probably be pushing the price of a J-3 also. I really don't think Jaime has a whole lot of markup on his pits. It sure seems like you get what you pay for.

Yep! We're already halfway through the year and I still have to take down the Christmas lights. It'll go by like nothing.

You'll be putting them back up in about 5 months. I say, why bother:decision:

So following back up, I came around to the clone idea. I just had a great conversation with Muscrat. After some more thinking, what I really want is something smaller than a J-3 so I can manage it by myself on my sloped driveway. I also don't *really* need the space of a full-size Jambo. What I really need is a Baby-J, which as far as I know Jambo isn't making anymore. So I don't feel so bad about getting one from somebody else.

Muscrat is away from home on a job right now, but I'm going to hit him up in a couple weeks to see what his work schedule is looking like and when he can do a build for me. The price is right for sure and he's going to build me exactly what meets my needs and wants.

So following back up, I came around to the clone idea. I just had a great conversation with Muscrat. After some more thinking, what I really want is something smaller than a J-3 so I can manage it by myself on my sloped driveway. I also don't *really* need the space of a full-size Jambo. What I really need is a Baby-J, which as far as I know Jambo isn't making anymore. So I don't feel so bad about getting one from somebody else.

Muscrat is away from home on a job right now, but I'm going to hit him up in a couple weeks to see what his work schedule is looking like and when he can do a build for me. The price is right for sure and he's going to build me exactly what meets my needs and wants.

Smart choice...just put an automotive paint job on Muscrats build and you will have the perfect smoker.

Back