THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adubree86

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Adam
So I'm thinking about selling my battle box. I've used it a hand full of times but ever since I started cooking in my vertical offset I've kind of forgotten about the battle box. I just love the flavor I get off the stick burner. The only downside I could see to getting rid of the battle box is I won't have a set it and forget it smoker for my pork butts but to me it seems foolish to have a $1500 smoker to just cook butts. If I sell this I may look into getting a Good One Marshall or Over and Under or something similar in design that if absolutely needed I could rig up my BBQ Guru to and run on lump and wood chunks. What do you guys think? Am I crazy for considering to sell such an efficient cooker?

I first thought I would say you're crazy but if you're not the type that can just have cooker sitting around..., I have several the only get used a few times a year but I like to hoard things

I first thought I would say you're crazy but if you're not the type that can just have cooker sitting around..., I have several the only get used a few times a year but I like to hoard things

Don't get me wrong. I would love to keep it but I just can't get the flavors I want out of it.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to keep it but I just can't get the flavors I want out of it.

Well that's a whole different thing than I was thinking about. I would say sell it and get you a Weber Smokey Mountain for the occasional cook when you want to be lazy

Well that's a whole different thing than I was thinking about. I would say sell it and get you a Weber Smokey Mountain for the occasional cook when you want to be lazy

Ya I've tried lump charcoal with several fist size chunks but I just love the flavor coming off the stick burner using 90-95% all wood. I do tend to enjoy smokier food though.

I wish I had the money right now I would make a offer . my Sump's smoker seemed like I was not get much smoke flavor and found out my GURU was keeping my wood chunks burning so I found out adjusting the ball valve half closed redirected the air flow and the wood would not burn as fast .

I wish I had the money right now I would make a offer . my Sump's smoker seemed like I was not get much smoke flavor and found out my GURU was keeping my wood chunks burning so I found out adjusting the ball valve half closed redirected the air flow and the wood would not burn as fast .

I've always used the Guru on this smoker. Maybe I'll try it out without it and just use the damper before I sell it. I know I won't get stick burner flavor but I'll see how it like it without the guru.

Hey I live in Shawnee and not really in the market for a new smoker...but have always liked the Humphrey line. In the past I have shown weakness for temptation.

Hey I live in Shawnee and not really in the market for a new smoker...but have always liked the Humphrey line. In the past I have shown weakness for temptation.

Where about in Shawnee. I'm around 75th and Metcalf area.

Back