THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just as a reminder .... it is so close to pull apart ..... by fork .... but I did remove the bones with a knife ,,,, then chewed on them .... yum !!!!

I think i could replicate this.

Dry brine with Harvest Brine for 48 hours, smoke low and slow until 175F-180F.

It’s 35F higher than I normally cook it, but I could see it still being a little juicy with proper care.

I wouldn’t think SV would give you the texture you’re talking about.

I think i could replicate this.

Dry brine with Harvest Brine for 48 hours, smoke low and slow until 175F-180F.

It’s 35F higher than I normally cook it, but I could see it still being a little juicy with proper care.

I wouldn’t think SV would give you the texture you’re talking about.

Thank you ... I do have a package of harvest brine. Will need to look for a descent chop like Moose said.

Can't believe that more people haven't tried the chop .... esp texans ... Austin ...:confused:

Another factor to consider would be the quality of meat Perry's is using. I've had some rather disappointing bone-in pork loin roasts, yet on he other hand, some pretty stellar bone in loin chops that were off the charts.

I would suspect Perry's is using top-notch pork that is well marbled throughout.

Boom!

My thought exactly! No way commodity loin chops would taste good even if you cook them 92 hours. Not enough fat in them so you have to compensate it in other ways like brine or injection and it'll still lack IMHO.

Now, this sounds so good that I want to do this with Berkshire chops. Probably sous vide first then sear. Only logical explanation in cooking 46 hours which no way in hell I'm doing it that long either. Stay tuned Mike and boys because I can source some farking amazing Berkshire or Iberico pork. :clap2:

I usually buy the subprimal and break it down. This time I'll cut them in either 3 or 4 bone chops. I mean look at the marbling alone. Bet Perry's uses high end pork chops like these.

c6bQjJ7h.jpg

wsCgOz8h.jpg

Boom!

My thought exactly! No way commodity loin chops would taste good even if you cook them 92 hours. Not enough fat in them so you have to compensate it in other ways like brine or injection and it'll still lack IMHO.

Now, this sounds so good that I want to do this with Berkshire chops. Probably sous vide first then sear. Only logical explanation in cooking 46 hours which no way in hell I'm doing it that long either. Stay tuned Mike and boys because I can source some farking amazing Berkshire or Iberico pork. :clap2:

I usually buy the subprimal and break it down. This time I'll cut them in either 3 or 4 bone chops. I mean look at the marbling alone. Bet Perry's uses high end pork chops like these.

wsCgOz8h.jpg

qgMwAxF.gif

From their website on the process.

"A recipe perfected over four decades, our chop is rubbed with a secret blend of seasonings, CURED, roasted, slow smoked, caramelized, finished in the oven and topped with Perry's herb-garlic butter, and carved tableside during dinner service each evening. Enjoy our seven-finger-high chop seven days a week!"

I'm going to try this fabled pork chop for lunch on Friday at their Franklin, TN location. I want to see it first hand....

Would be great if you took photos! I'm almost tempted to invite myself...being as I don't live too far away.

Boom!

c6bQjJ7h.jpg

wsCgOz8h.jpg

I want some of those ...

They have to be cooking them Sous Vide, then rapidly chilling in an ice bath to hold for service. Then they get finished in the oven for some color. No way they are slow roasting say 14 expensive Pork Chops per restaurant, per day, and hoping they sell through. Do you know how many they would throw away every day?

If they cook and hold cold, they could get several days shelf life out of them, and no more than 5 or 10 minutes to reheat for service.

From their website on the process.

"A recipe perfected over four decades, our chop is rubbed with a secret blend of seasonings, CURED, roasted, slow smoked, caramelized, finished in the oven and topped with Perry's herb-garlic butter, and carved tableside during dinner service each evening. Enjoy our seven-finger-high chop seven days a week!"

Hmm…. interesting.
One would think that if they were actually cured, they would taste a lot more like ham, than a pork chop.

Of course, technically, dry brining is actually a light cure.

Hmm…. interesting.
One would think that if they were actually cured, they would taste a lot more like ham, than a pork chop.

Of course, technically, dry brining is actually a light cure.

Yup!

Surprised me there too. Checked a few photos and it sure looks like roast and no sign of the cure "pink". Curious what they're definition of cured is and what their curing process is. Is it celery powder or something that's applied with the initial seasoning for the cure? Curing definitely doesn't only mean sodium nitrite.

Searching Lord Google for images turned this up.

02d9b33d8d7a38683b419d311ee2c956.jpg

Based on the shiners, it certainly appears to be cooked to almost (if not past) bbq pulling temps, but that would make it very difficult to carve the way they show doing it

Back