THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My yoder came fully assembled except sliding the diffuser in and sliding the shelves on. You will love it

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quick lunch from a frozen and thawed patty from my brisket/short rib grind the other day. Freeze didn’t seem to affect the juices of the meat. Used flat side of GG

829afbe44c14b64ddd359354eb39297c.jpg

291f1398d479de9d9e3db717b8f52353.jpg

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ribs on to take for lunch tomorrow...

Talking to a guy at work today, we talk cooking a lot, he builds his on smokers, makes the best bbq EVER (no, never brought any in to try) blah blah blah. So today he finds out I bought a pooper! He tells me he’ll never eat food from a pooper “cause you can taste the glue that holds those pellets together!!!” So I explain how the pellets are made and that there are no additives in them, it’s simply a little heat and very high pressures that form the pellets from saw dust... Holy BUCKETS did I get an ear full! He doesn’t care what is on the internet or what the manufacturer says, there is glue in them! Alrighty then!

Talking to a guy at work today, we talk cooking a lot, he builds his on smokers, makes the best bbq EVER (no, never brought any in to try) blah blah blah. So today he finds out I bought a pooper! He tells me he’ll never eat food from a pooper “cause you can taste the glue that holds those pellets together!!!” So I explain how the pellets are made and that there are no additives in them, it’s simply a little heat and very high pressures that form the pellets from saw dust... Holy BUCKETS did I get an ear full! He doesn’t care what is on the internet or what the manufacturer says, there is glue in them! Alrighty then!
He read about the glue on the internet...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, if there’s really glue in them, then I have a newfound love for glue!! It’s awfully tasty :) Heck, maybe I’ll start glazing my ribs with Elmer’s [emoji39]

Well, if there’s really glue in them, then I have a newfound love for glue!! It’s awfully tasty :) Heck, maybe I’ll start glazing my ribs with Elmer’s [emoji39]

I'm much more worried about salmonella, in my salad, than I am glue in my wood pellets.

That’s what I’m saying y’all!

Ribs are coming along... (sorry for the terrible lightning)

Gonna be a good lunch tomorrow!

First cook in my Timberline 1300! I got my grill seasoned today and did a couple baby back rib racks for dinner. I am really impressed with this grill. It was 36° outside this morning when I fired up the grill, for the burn in. The grill went from dead cold to 500° in 35 minutes. I think that is outstanding. I did my ribs at 225° on SS for 3 hours and then turned it up to 250° and finished them off. They came out great, these are no wrap, no sauce ribs and they came out very moist and tender. I used Oakridge BBQ Competition rub for the first time and it is a great rub, good flavor with a little kick too it. These are some of the best ribs I have made, I am really loving this grill. Here are some pics.

On the grill just before I turned them up to 250°

Done and inside the house.

First cut.

Nice ribs. I have a Timberline 850 and did the best brisket I've ever had on it last weekend. Thought about getting a stickburner too but after that last cook, I don't thin I will. Brisket went 16 hours - that's a lot of fire-tending. Used a tube smoker for extra smoke, wrapped in butcher paper and the smoke and bark were outstanding. No need for the stick burner.

Back