THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Who doesn't love carne asada and pizza right? I thought why not bring together the best of both worlds.

Started with a nice flap steak

I7g3ZN2h.jpg

I had just enough homemade taco seasoning leftover so I seasoned it with that

OQElx7nh.jpg

Made the dough next

ezx68L0h.jpg

While the dough rose and the meat marinated I made some pico

HMTOLPWh.jpg

And some sauce with Mexican flavors

aFGwTnbh.jpg

Oregano, cilantro flakes, granulated onion and garlic, cumin, chili flakes and seasoned salt

suixAzoh.jpg

Sautéed some onion and jalapenos

Oh0FRb8h.jpg

Sauce done

wQeiWPqh.jpg

Dough cut and ready for the second rise

KglkBuBh.jpg

Next I grilled the meat real quick

4Z9fs0Kh.jpg

Just enough to give it some color

mBNKeXwh.jpg

Done! Sauce, mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, loaded with med rare meat, a little pico sprinkled on top and slices of avocado

OQjD5tFh.jpg

jbs02K9h.jpg

A heavenly slice. Flavor was exactly that of pizza and carne asada and together..... :thumb:

yTOGSsvh.jpg

I ate another slice with a fork and knife :nod:

1toQvsEh.jpg

Since I had leftover dough, mortadella and pesto I remembered Zipplylip's pizza and wanted to give it a shot

I friend brought me back pesto from Italy on a recent trip so I used that with mozzarella, provolone, mortadella, a drizzle of olive oil and coarse black pepper

ckisIhwh.jpg

The dough had sat out for longer than I would've wanted it to but still quite delicious. Flavors were spot on.

V9m6TbXh.jpg

W6kHy5vh.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Nice pies! What happens to the dough when you leave it out too long?

Thanks Tom! The dough ball develops this thin layer of dry crust when exposed to air. You can still work with it but I like dough to be nicely hydrated throughout. Don't like the texture when that happens. My fault totally for leaving it out that long. Still was good "dough" :biggrin1:

Nice pies! What happens to the dough when you leave it out too long?

Sorry for butting in. I'm guessing it rose too much and was a bit "poofy" to his liking. I like thin pizzas and let my pizza dough proof longer for thicker "cheesy bread".

Both pies sound really good in flavor. Both are beautifull too! Those little burnt edges are awesome.

I think I would have folded those in half and downed them before anyone was looking.

You're killing me Neighbor! Honestly! lol
I'm having popcorn for supper. What I wouldn't give for a slice or two of that....

Very nice! :grin:

You're killing me Neighbor! Honestly! lol
I'm having popcorn for supper. What I wouldn't give for a slice or two of that....

Very nice! :grin:

Thanks Neighbor! I have leftover for days too.:sad: I made three pies.

Back