Texas Turkey Breast.

WilliamKY

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
William
6 pounds of turkey breast. I cooked them on the WSM for around 3hrs with a couple chunks of post oak. They were pre seasoned Butterball. I'd like to have them plain but this is all I could find around these parts. I rinsed them thoroughly and added my own seasoning, black pepper and kosher salt. Not many pics because I plan to cool the breast and run them through a meat slicer tomorrow. I did sample though and my goodness, step back Boar's Head. These breasts are on point. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20210528_182332.jpg
    20210528_182332.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 20210528_205104.jpg
    20210528_205104.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Looks great! I would LOVE to do some Texas Style turkey breast... but I've looked high and low and just can not find it available anywhere. All I can find is either whole frozen bone in skin on breasts, or these teeny tiny little 2lb turkey breast "roasts".

That looks fantastic!

If you buy non-seasoned do you typically dry or wet brine?
I've never found the boneless breasts that weren't already seasoned. I'm sure I could get them at a butcher I've just never done it yet. I would do a dry brine like Harvest brine.

My intro to TX turkey breasts was by Bigmista. Farkin sorcery! I've made 'em a few times and love to foil 'em with enough butter to make you go :shocked:.

Love love love that stuff - nicely done!

Back