THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chingador

is Blowin Smoke!
I really liked the threads I have seen on the pepper stout beef. Really good way to do a chucky in my opinion. A couple of weeks ago I wanted to make some shredded beef enchiladas so I smoked a chucky for the filling. I created my own interpretation of the pepper stout process to incorporate more tex mex flavors. I used onions and jalepenos and used canned roasted tomato enchilada sauce + beer + beef broth for my liquid. It was awesome.

I am not making enchiladas today, but will be recreating the meat. It is good in tacos, over salad, or just by itself. It is awesome.

Here is the start:

1 5lb chuck roast. 2 onions. sliced Jalapenos. Liquid gold (garlic infused olive oil). 2 cans of enchilada sauce. 1 bottle of beer. Beef Broth.

I just put the roast on the UDS and will smoke over post oak at 225 until I hit about 165 internal or where I really like the bark. On the Primo, I am roasting the onions and peppers with liquid gold at about 325.

Last edited:
peppers and onions are cooked down enough. Deglazed pan with a dark Mexican beer and added a can of fire roasted tomato enchilada sauce (Hatch brand). I am leaving it on the Primo to take in some post oak smoke. I might add a can of petite diced tomatos later. Not sure. Will see how it goes.

Last edited:
"1 5lb chuck roast. 2 onions. sliced Jalapenos. Liquid gold (garlic infused olive oil). 2 cans of enchilada sauce. 1 bottle of beer. Beef Broth."

You're speakin' my language brother!!! That sounds like a great combination (almost like a Chicago beef w/peppers + smoke). Mmmm... Smoked taters or mac n cheese would be great with the finished roast alone. The tacos sound good too...

chucky is at 165 and I like the way it looks. Good smoker flavor and a nice smoke ring. In my opinion, the UDS puts out a better tasting product than my Primo and as a bonus produces a much better smoke ring.

I decided to keep the liquid as is. I did not put the second can of enchilada sauce in, nor did I add any beef stock. There is enough liquid to knock this out.

About to be foiled and back on the pit.

Last edited:
took longer than anticipated, but it is done. Very very delicious. Honestly, I am thinking about bumping brisket off of my Super Bowl menu for this. Here are the final pics

Last edited:
Very nice indeed.makes me wish it was winter here.
The referred to post ,made me try this ,but with an Aussie twist.
I will be playing with this dish.
love a Chuck.
Cheers.
Titch

Back