Big Farking Pulled Beef Sammich

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
There's a "Big Farking Sammich" throwdown on now so it was sammich time.

I had a 4 lb chuck roast so I went with a version of the standard Pepper Stout Beef recipe (except I used Sapporo Black lager instead of a stout):

kTqXqY8.jpg

VfGZKI9.jpg

Since the sammich is supposed to be big I needed a bigger than normal bun so I baked some bread in a dutch oven in a BGE:

7UXun8w.jpg

6b1eA3i.jpg

Sliced the bread and assembled the sammich with 1.5 lbs of the pulled beef, topped with some grated jack cheese, and placed in a #8 Griswold skillet for a little perspective of the size of the sammich(8" diameter).

pONMO4t.jpg

Then placed onto a platter as it didn't fit as well on our standard dinner plate:

VmPa8oJ.jpg

Then it was chow time but my days of thinking I can eat like a competitive eater have long passed so I certainly couldn't finish it in one sitting :oops:

I would not be able to finish that either. Now you'll have to enter a Lephtovers Throwdown!

Last edited:
Two people could start on opposite sides of that and not see each other for 20 minutes! You certainly didn't hold back on going big on that amazing sandwich.

Thanks!

Other than using a different beer and scaling back a little on the jalapenos, I pretty much used the Pepper Stout Beef recipe from the Wolfepit site linked in this thread: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94382

Thank you very much. What's your best guess on how many people that 4lb Chucky would feed? I'd like to make some for my next poker game and am just trying to figure out how much I might need. Thanks in advance. My mouth is watering!

Thank you very much. What's your best guess on how many people that 4lb Chucky would feed? I'd like to make some for my next poker game and am just trying to figure out how much I might need. Thanks in advance. My mouth is watering!

You're welcome! My guess for a normal adult appetite is probably 7-8 people assuming you have some side dishes or appetizers with it. Good luck with the poker!

Thanks!

Other than using a different beer and scaling back a little on the jalapenos, I pretty much used the Pepper Stout Beef recipe from the Wolfepit site linked in this thread: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94382

Fantastic sammich!

Thanks for the link to the Wolfe Pit site....great recipes. When you click on a recipe category, it takes you to his youtube channel so you can check it out on a video. Good stuff.....

Back