Sunny Sunday Shenanigans in the 505 - w/Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Awoke before sunrise this morning. Needed a fleece and a cup of coffee... reminded me of smoking in East Cambs, UK. Last morning of the limited Balloon Festival (not Fiesta)... Winds South to North, away from Casa de Shadow. Boo. :cry:

ADIGPsml.jpg

Got the kettle fired up and humming along. Pork butt on to sweat for about an hour.

QBwx1XQl.jpg

A-salted the butt and took it to 160-ish before the pan & wrap.

NE2NUNAl.jpg

Took it to about 200F, then into a warm oven to rest.

Meanwhile, "Excuse me while I whip this out...." :shock:

Grabbed a GIANT 3lb Sausage Chub (can it really be called a "chub" at 3 lbs!?) at Costco. Peach and Red Chile running side-by-side.

eXIHSOHl.jpg

YoG5RKul.jpg

Time to chop, season, and mix.

w29E5vel.jpg

137pJZDl.jpg

Fatty still at 154 for now... 10 more degrees and I'll pull for the rest. This should be epic (took me both hands to carefully put it on the kettle to smoke).

I was up in Wisconsin today. Saw my first 3lb. fatty. Like you said, you can't really call that a chub. Was tempted, but I didn't buy it.

"This should be epic (took me both hands to carefully put it on the kettle to smoke)".
No comment
Looks like you have a great day and cook there

Just make sure you get enough pork in yer diet. :heh:

Pulled pork and fatties are 2 of my favorite things to cook/eat, and yours look fantastic. Fatty on a biscuit with pepper jelly is about as good as it gets, but fatty with just more fattty is a also great. Been loving the Albukirky rubs!

Nice cooking right there, Marc - hope you and yer crew had a fantastic weekend!

Looks great Marc, I'm a big fan of the Jimmy Dean All Natural sure would like to get a hold of a few of those chubs.

I'll bet those balloons were up there trying to figure out where those wonderful aromas were coming from. You did an outstanding job on that pork.

Back