Suggestions appreciated: ideas for workplace pot luck

@ thirdeye: Yes, have tried several variants of low carb tortillas and enjoy them. Not sure if this has been an issue for you or not, but I feel the need to make others aware. You noted that they're low carb because they include a lot of fiber, making the net carbs low. If you happen to enjoy two burrito sized tortillas or even several of the taco sized tortillas, that can make the rest of your day, ummm, something that may not be totally under your control.

I think the total fiber count per tortilla for the large tortillas is 25 grams for the Mission brand product. For me, enjoying 50 grams of fiber at one time was a mistake. :oops:

Bruce

The ones we buy have 19 grams carbs and 15 grams fiber so 19 - 15 = 4 net carbs.

@ thirdeye: Yes, have tried several variants of low carb tortillas and enjoy them. Not sure if this has been an issue for you or not, but I feel the need to make others aware. You noted that they're low carb because they include a lot of fiber, making the net carbs low. If you happen to enjoy two burrito sized tortillas or even several of the taco sized tortillas, that can make the rest of your day, ummm, something that may not be totally under your control.

I think the total fiber count per tortilla for the large tortillas is 25 grams for the Mission brand product. For me, enjoying 50 grams of fiber at one time was a mistake. :oops:

Bruce

I use both the low carb Mission and the Ole brand of the smaller "snack size" for a hot dog wrapper. Holds onions and condiments great.

7gr fiber 2gm net carb for the Ole.

@thirdeye: yes, the smaller tortillas have less fiber/tortilla. Of course, for me, that has resulted in sometimes eating more than one wrap (or three).

Thanks for the info Fooball! Will be on the lookout for Ole brand. Not sure I've seen them in my area, but will pay closer attention. 7 grams of fiber is a lot more reasonable for my digestive system. Am pretty sure my coworkers and family appreciate this info as well. :wink:

Bruce

@thirdeye: yes, the smaller tortillas have less fiber/tortilla. Of course, for me, that has resulted in sometimes eating more than one wrap (or three).

Thanks for the info Fooball! Will be on the lookout for Ole brand. Not sure I've seen them in my area, but will pay closer attention. 7 grams of fiber is a lot more reasonable for my digestive system. Am pretty sure my coworkers and family appreciate this info as well. :wink:

Bruce

It says "Extreme Wellness" in big letters on the bag, the Ole name is hardly noticeable.

Regarding the G Hughes sauce: I found it to be too thick and syrupy for my taste. I thin it with cider vinegar. 2/3 sauce 1/3 ACV is pretty good.

Also Pulled chicken with Alabama White Sauce can be low carb.

Back