THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of competition? KCBS, MBM, IBCA, etc.?

BTW, I am going to move this to the competition section.

It could definitely do a KCBS competition. You just need to practice your timing.

I cooked 3 racks of st louis ribs, 2 trays of chicken (16 pieces), 1 brisket and 2 butts. I did the entire thing on a BWS gator. You can definitely do it on a Stumps XL Baby

I agree that it is possible. The racks are roughly the same size as my FEC-100 and I could easily cook a whole comp on it. As Jaskew mentioned, the timing is important. I cook two butts and two briskets, 4 racks of ribs and 16 thighs. The butts and briskets cook overnight and are usually done by 9:00am and go into my Cambro to rest. The ribs go on at 8:00am and chicken at 9:30.

Now... having a second grill or smoker is handy, especially if you want to do the ribs or chicken at a different temp, but it's not necessary.

Back