THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dear lord, three world champions???

i sure picked good contests this year. :twitch:

but i guess if your gonna roll out there, might as well put it up against the best!

(i'm wicked excited too.)

dear lord, three world champions???

i sure picked good contests this year. :twitch:

but i guess if your gonna roll out there, might as well put it up against the best!

(i'm wicked excited too.)

I heard a rumor of a 4th.

Cooks packet attached

Attachments

• Cook's Packet .pdf
    181.1 KB · Views: 40
From the cooks Packet:

No camp tents will be allowed on sites unless you have a​
self-contained RV

WTF? Why would I need a tent if I have an RV? Why can't I sleep in a tent? Maybe I'm missing something here.

I'm wicked disappointed. I'm out, just got a call from a restaurant group I'm working with in Brazil and I have to fly down there for 2 weeks, ending on the Saturday of the contest. It's a heart breaker, everything had fallen into place for RI. Same smokers I use to borrow, entry to the contest, free flight. Damn. Maybe next year. Everybody have fun and drink a beer for me.

I really appreciate the great offers I got here for equipment and entry. You guys are truly the best.

Trying to figure out why my check cleared but my name isn't on the list....

I'm wicked disappointed. I'm out, just got a call from a restaurant group I'm working with in Brazil and I have to fly down there for 2 weeks, ending on the Saturday of the contest. It's a heart breaker, everything had fallen into place for RI. Same smokers I use to borrow, entry to the contest, free flight. Damn. Maybe next year. Everybody have fun and drink a beer for me.

I really appreciate the great offers I got here for equipment and entry. You guys are truly the best.

Sorry Rub, we tried. Maybe next year.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Yeah, would have liked to have met Rub. We don't travel far, so any chance for someone else to visit is great.

As far as your cashed check... same here. I don't get the feeling that the organizer is as wired as he might need to be. I have an unanswered email from about a month ago, for example.

And now with this blurb in the cook's packet regarding no tent camping without an RV... we'll see.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Yeah I'm getting that feeling too. They did email me the cooks packet, so I'm not too worried.

It also says in the cooks package that sites are either 20x20 or 20x40 depending on what you chose on the application. Did I miss that? The application I filled out says all sites are 20x40

Ruh-roh. Just got a reply regarding the RV thing. I'm still trying to nail down exactly what constitutes an RV. Assuming the common definition... we may be out of luck. Just a heads up!

Ruh-roh. Just got a reply regarding the RV thing. I'm still trying to nail down exactly what constitutes an RV. Assuming the common definition... we may be out of luck. Just a heads up!

so they responded with, if you have an RV, you can pitch a camping tent, but if you don't then, no?

that just seems kinda random. is there more to it i'm missing?(besides the farkin RV:mad2:)

bud has been nothing but cordial and prompt in his returns of my emails, BTW.

Back