THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomorrow morning in the wee hours we are heading to NOLA for a Parade. Going to be cooking for anyone willing to eat at the Nomtoc parade.

The very astute of you will notice I said I can't season it today because it's my 2 year wedding anniversary. I hope my wife is as understanding as she's acting right now!!

Unbelievable! What am I looking at on the top? Pigs are a nice touch. Can't figure out the bar across of the plate behind it

Unbelievable! What am I looking at on the top? Pigs are a nice touch. Can't figure out the bar across of the plate behind it

The bars are there to mount led rope light too. The plate is a place to paint the smoker name on. "Grocery Cart" I just have to get that done myself. (it was a last minute addon)

Those burners rock. I found they have too much intake (o2) and will blow themselves out when you turn them up. If you block off one side of the intake, they can really crank. Dang I love that pit....

Edit - on closer look, those don't look like the Cajun bandit burners Paul usually uses. Nvm

Holy moly!!! Congrats and wow the Shirley guys really are just killing it. Love black and yellow too. Awesome

Unbelievable!!! Wow! That is a work of art. I'll be in Baton Rouge tomorrow, might have to find an excuse to head to Nola and find you cooking for that parade!

We had a wreck. Around 6:30am this morning.

1F70BF96-5AA5-42FE-9FD4-BBF2B759D01D_zps9vzzhfye.jpg

2EAFA19D-E8E1-4DCD-BA77-1A29157D902C_zpsprny2jcp.jpg

I can't tell ya'll how lucky/blessed I am. Had it happened a couple minutes earlier the trailer would be in Lake Pontchartrain right now. Had it happened 20 minutes later it could have caused an incredible wreck in NOLA traffic (on the highrise). Where it happened it just pulled itself over to the side of the road. Across 2 lanes, that luckily because it was so early had no cars in them. This is all going 70mph down the interstate. Amazing.

The locking pin that was holding the removable tongue managed to work itself out while I was driving down I-10 this morning heading to cook at a parade.

I immediately called Tyler FREAKING out. He was amazing, supportive and everything you have ever heard about the Shirleys. I managed to get the trailer back together by myself and happened to have a locking pin in the RV that I used (needs a key to come off). I limped off the bridge and then home. After some inspection I decided to drive to Tuscaloosa. Got here about 4pm. Tyler took the trailer and went straight to work. Paul and his wife Sharon took me and my wife to dinner, these are some of the greatest people you have ever spent time with. I've had a hell of a day, and they truly made it better.

I'm proud to be part of the Shirley family.

Those burners rock. I found they have too much intake (o2) and will blow themselves out when you turn them up. If you block off one side of the intake, they can really crank. Dang I love that pit....

Edit - on closer look, those don't look like the Cajun bandit burners Paul usually uses. Nvm

Those are (were) custom built by Tyler. Super high BTU. I never got to fire them. But I'm sure he'll have them as good as new tomorrow.

We had a wreck. Around 6:30am this morning.

1F70BF96-5AA5-42FE-9FD4-BBF2B759D01D_zps9vzzhfye.jpg

2EAFA19D-E8E1-4DCD-BA77-1A29157D902C_zpsprny2jcp.jpg

I can't tell ya'll how lucky/blessed I am. Had it happened a couple minutes earlier the trailer would be in Lake Pontchartrain right now. Had it happened 20 minutes later it could have caused an incredible wreck in NOLA traffic (on the highrise). Where it happened it just pulled itself over to the side of the road. Across 2 lanes, that luckily because it was so early had no cars in them. This is all going 70mph down the interstate. Amazing.

The locking pin that was holding the removable tongue managed to work itself out while I was driving down I-10 this morning heading to cook at a parade.

I immediately called Tyler FREAKING out. He was amazing, supportive and everything you have ever heard about the Shirleys. I managed to get the trailer back together by myself and happened to have a locking pin in the RV that I used (needs a key to come off). I limped off the bridge and then home. After some inspection I decided to drive to Tuscaloosa. Got here about 4pm. Tyler took the trailer and went straight to work. Paul and his wife Sharon took me and my wife to dinner, these are some of the greatest people you have ever spent time with. I've had a hell of a day, and they truly made it better.

I'm proud to be part of the Shirley family.

Holy crap man!!!!! I was reading every page of this forum (first time seeing it) thinking to myself "THAT IS AN AWESOME RIG!!!!" then BAM got hit with this post! Sorry to see this happen. Good thing it didn't end up the lake! Glad the Shirley's are good folks!!

Good to see everything working out! Best of luck. Awesome rig ya got there buddy!

Holy crap man!!!!! I was reading every page of this forum (first time seeing it) thinking to myself "THAT IS AN AWESOME RIG!!!!" then BAM got hit with this post! Sorry to see this happen. Good thing it didn't end up the lake! Glad the Shirley's are good folks!!

Good to see everything working out! Best of luck. Awesome rig ya got there buddy!
Thank you for the well wishes.

Seeing your brand new trailer smoker run into a side wall in your rear view is a feeling I never want to get again.

Back