THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm surprised to see so many people use the Weber cubes. I like the cotton balls in alcohol method someone posted. I have the big and small Weber chimney. I sure wish they made one in between in size. Like a medium. Additionally I'm shocked to see that people still use newspaper. That's like using lighter fluid. :-o
I just heap up the charcoal in the small one.

I'm surprised to see so many people use the Weber cubes. I like the cotton balls in alcohol method someone posted. I have the big and small Weber chimney. I sure wish they made one in between in size. Like a medium. Additionally I'm shocked to see that people still use newspaper. That's like using lighter fluid. :-o

How so?

I also use a cheap charcoal chimney to light 10 or 12 briquettes for the smoker. I also use a paper towel drizzled with oil to ignite the cubes.

If I'm using the grill, then I'll light a whole chimney of charcoal for a fast start on the kettle.

I've had the cheap chimney for about 8 years now, still in great shape.

I’d also like to know how newspaper is like lighter fluid?

I use a Weber chimney with ripped up brown grocery bags.

Another question? Do the Weber cubes leave any aftertaste like lighter fluid? I would have thought so, but with so many people using them, it makes me wonder.

Usually pretty dry here, and I hated seeing all the sparks from from those chimney's. I bought one of these for my smoker and have it lit in minutes:

29201_700x700.jpg

Worked so well, I bought one of these for my kettle:

bernzomatic-torches-tanks-328626-1d_1000.jpg

Another question? Do the Weber cubes leave any aftertaste like lighter fluid? I would have thought so, but with so many people using them, it makes me wonder.

I've never noticed a smell or taste from the cubes. That said, they're relatively expensive and sometimes hard to find compared to cotton balls and 91% alcohol so I switched.

I’d also like to know how newspaper is like lighter fluid?

I use a Weber chimney with ripped up brown grocery bags.

I can taste lighter fluid but I cannot taste the cubes. It does smell like lighter fluid when lit. I switched to these.
74790423213ec852a598efd0f27b7c67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't notice a lighter fluid taste, but they sure do stink when you light the cube. Laughable that they advertise them as odorless.

Back