THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes actually so... weird you mention it! Stan has been working his rear off to get this launched for us and just about an hour from now, he'll be dropping off our sanctioning fee and forms along with our insurance certificate to the KCBS office. We already have our own proclamation from the Governor's office from last year when we got one as a "just in case". So we're all set!

Smokin' On Big Creek 2009 will take place April 3-4, 2008 in Pleasant Hill. This year, we will be working to raise funds and awareness for The March of Dimes. Most probably know this but the March of Dimes' mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.

We will have the Web site up and running again soon (www.SmokinOnBigCreek.com) along with entry forms.

Further details will be forthcoming! We look forward to another highly successful event in Pleasant Hill this April!

Maybe returning champs won't return. :cool:

I think returning champs get their choice of spots. :rolleyes:

Seriously, we're donating a free entry to the KCBS banquet and to Kookers Care WinterFest so we're all tapped out on free entries but talk to me about choice spots. Grand Champion ought to get SOMETHING! :wink:

Seriously, we're donating a free entry to the KCBS banquet and to Kookers Care WinterFest so we're all tapped out on free entries but talk to me about choice spots. Grand Champion ought to get SOMETHING! :wink:

Well we have a shot at winning it then.... So you wont get a check until after winterfest.

Todd will be at the banquet, and I believe we will both be at winter fest.... so with a little luck.... we might just get in free. I plan on buying a pile of raffle tickets.:twisted:

Hey andy, I think the returning champs "neighbor" gets a free entry too!

Stith, we need a better quality of neighbors this year. :wink:

Gotcha Todd! Totally understand! :wink: That damned Spurgeon can be a distraction and a bad influence! :twisted::lol: At the very least, you'll spend all weekend laughing your arse off and have tears rolling down your face from listening to his jokes and takes on various topics!

Stith, we need a better quality of neighbors this year. :wink:

I can see this thread is going to go downhill in a hurry :p

Gotcha Todd! Totally understand! :wink: That damned Spurgeon can be a distraction and a bad influence! :twisted::lol: At the very least, you'll spend all weekend laughing your arse off and have tears rolling down your face from listening to his jokes and takes on various topics!

You never know what can happen with the Purple Helmet on the prowl.

Got the Web site up at least partly. Still working on some things but we had to change the URL slightly... I accidently let the old one expire and some scum bags swiped it up and are holding it hostage for like 10 times what Go Daddy charges... so I just registered a new one with "BBQ" on the end:

www.SmokinOnBigCreekBBQ.com

So far, all that's there is basic info, contact info and the entry form.

The Pickled Pig is in. Check and app in the mail. We liked our spot last year.

Back