THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great contest! Hats off to Jeff and Stan and to all that put forth such great effort. Wish every contest was as cooker friendly as this one.
Congrats to everyone that got a call and super congrats to caveman!
Thanks for sharing the pics, Moocow. And by the way, can you bring that golf cart to Sedalia in June? We could use rides to and from turn-in again.

Thanks to all the Teams that came out! We hope you had a great time. I really want to thank the volunteers that worked so hard! Vern, MooCow and Just Pullin Pork!!!! As you know them along with some of their kids and spouses.
Thanks to those who judged the contest! We hope you enjoyed it as well
I also want to thank Kookers Kare! Craig the donation from Kookers Kare to our food pantry was very unexpected but I know they appreciate it so much. That completed filled their freezers.
To all that donated canned goods and other nonperishables we collected 50% more than last year. I got a call from the person that runs the local Food Pantry and he told me that the generosity for the teams, judges and public has restocked their shelves and they greatly appreciate it.
Lastly, I want to thank our spouses that put up with us the last couple weeks while getting ready for the contest. They were awesome!

I am so glad that this crappy weather held off! I think it is time for a nap! See many of you next week in Osage City!

I didn't have the energy to post last night. By the time we got home from dinner and unloaded, I was a zombie. Went to bed at 10 PM last night and woke up at 11:30 this morning! Anyway, I want to reiterate what Stan said... absolutely GREAT job by our volunteers! I haven't seen 'em all of course but I bet our's are some of the tops in barbeque! You guys ROCK and made this contest what it is! Stan and I had the vision of what we wanted to do but people like Vern, Jon, Shane, their sons, and many of our local friends you all don't know, along with the staff of the Pleasant Hill Parks and Recreation Department all worked their asses off this weekend and we think you all are incredible! We are quickly becoming known as a very cooker-friendly contest and these folks are why!

Also, BIG, BIG thanks to Todd and Steph for your donations to our raffle AND especially your hosting our sponsors and giving them each sauce and rub for our "Professional BQ EXperience" on Friday night! you guys were a hit! And Rich and Bunny, you guys provided a great judging insight to them and your song was great! Thanks for giving each of them some of your sauce as well!

Also, congrats to everyone getting called yesterday! I was proud of all of you, especially Captain! We hope you enjoy that GC award! I almost quit organizing for a shot at that! LOL!

I owe Exe-Que-tioners an apology! Bro, you shouldn't have had to call me for water Saturday morning and I should have found a cart and gotten it immediately! Won't happen again!

Thanks again to everyone and we hope to see an even better contest in 2010!

Congrats Caveman and all who walked!

It was great seeing our friends again, it has been a long winter.

Caveman congrats on a great contest, and thumbs up for all that walked. Jeff, Tammy, Stan, Amy and all of the other volunteers you guys did a superb job glad to have been a part of this contest. Till next time, Smoke On.

that was a great contest, I had fun doing it. and my family liked it!

my son did pretty well on chicken, he's going to teach me how to do chicken next weekend :), he placed 5th.

I got my first call that weekend too!! 5th on ribs:)

there was a huge brethren crowd there,,, nice to meet you all!

Thanks jeff, stan, the brethren cookers and volunteers!

I just wanted to let Jeff, Stan and all of the organizers and volunteers know how much we appreciated their hard work at the contest. My family and I had a great time. There was always someone there if we needed anything...ice, trash picked up, etc.

I'd also like to thank Amy Hays for not running over my wife during turn ins...we might not have made it to the GC. :)

This was a great contest and hopefully we can return to it again next year.

Jeff, you need to change your sig. You've got 364 days to promote next year's contest. Get on it, son!

Glad to be a part of the (so called) Pro BBQ Experience for your sponsors. I thought that was an excellent idea to have them get a first hand look at the competition and teams. The wow factor was when I told them that my fire was small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and then opened the FE to show them. Ooo's and Ah's.

Jeff, you need to change your sig. You've got 364 days to promote next year's contest. Get on it, son!

Glad to be a part of the (so called) Pro BBQ Experience for your sponsors. I thought that was an excellent idea to have them get a first hand look at the competition and teams. The wow factor was when I told them that my fire was small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and then opened the FE to show them. Ooo's and Ah's.

OK, OK... I'll change it soon! :lol: Never too early to start preparing for 2010... Ummm ok maybe it IS a tiny bit early. :shock:

Jeff,
No need for apology about the water! Soon as I got off the phone with you, one of your golf cart runners were there and took care of it promptly! :oops: :redface:
Again, you and all your help put on one heck-of-a-contest! Was nice to meet the brethren teams that we did. We were cooking beside "Boondoggle" and got to take a tour of their new trailer. Very nice! They have really done a lot of work in the past months and it shows. I think Bob said he is looking forward to a weekend off. From the looks of his work he deserves it!

Jeff/Stan,
I think I personally told you both that you and your crew did an excellent job. If I didn't, let me say that you and your crew did an excellent job.

And those awards kick arse - not complaining about the checks either.

We'll be back next year.

Congrats to Caveman Cuisine! We (that is Jeff) will have the other pictures posted on the website later in the week.

Oh yeah my son Nathan's 3rd Place medal in his first comp with 17 kids in his age group. Not posting the picture of me crying when it was announced.

Attachments

• DSC_0167.jpg
    DSC_0167.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0182.jpg
    DSC_0182.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 78
Have been meaning to ask, and almost forgot, but was wanting to know who smoked the sausage that was served for breakfast Saturday morning? Was that yours Jeff? That was some AWESOME sausage! I do believe that is some of the best I have ever had.

I think that makes them Moocow's. Great cooking Moocow! I think I've told Jeff in the past that it wasn't the teal Spicewine causing his results.

Back