THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks everybody!

Hey young lady. On that chuck. Weight, temp and cooking time if you would. Looked fantastic I might say. Grazzi.
Sorry for the delay in getting a reply to you. I went camping.
I cook old school.
I don't weigh chuck (or briskets or pork butts, etc.), this cooker's "sweet spot" is 275F. I smoke the chuck uncovered for 2 hours, add stock half way up the meat, cover and let er go til tender. I usually check chucks at 5 hours and go from there. Thanks!!

Man that pie is amazing! I love that. We need a cowgirls cast iron cook book. I'd get tons of use from that. Awesome meals!

Dayum Neighbor!

How did I miss this?

What a great meat pie - I gotta make something similar and hope it is half as good.

Nice Jeanie. I love the plated dinner. When I first saw the slice of finished pie, I thought it needed a sauce of some sort. Then you added the egg and it all came together. Great job...

Man that pie is amazing! I love that. We need a cowgirls cast iron cook book. I'd get tons of use from that. Awesome meals!
Thanks so much Decoy! I sure use my cast iron a lot. It's so dependable. :grin:

Another out of this world cook, Jeanie............pure awesomeness! :thumb:
Thank you Piney!! :becky:

You killed it with that one. I will be trying this very soon - really like the breakfast/brunch approach.
Thank you!! I make these pies using smoked brisket, beef cheeks, pulled pork. It's a nice way to use leftovers. :-D

OMG that smoked chuck pie look amazing!

Thank you Jay! :grin:

I like that breakfast idea Jeanie, well done!

Sam! Great to see ya. Dove season started yesterday, come on down! lol
Hope you have a nice weekend. Thank you! :thumb::hug:

Dayum Neighbor!

How did I miss this?

What a great meat pie - I gotta make something similar and hope it is half as good.

Thank you Neighbor! I bet what ever you come up with will be outstanding! :mrgreen:

Nice Jeanie. I love the plated dinner. When I first saw the slice of finished pie, I thought it needed a sauce of some sort. Then you added the egg and it all came together. Great job...

Thanks Terry! I usually drizzle smoked meat pies with Q sauce but the egg sounded good this time. :grin:

Looks like a delicious and fantastic prelude to a nap or 2! I haven't smoked a chucky in a long time :tsk: I love those things. Gotta get back on the chuckie train - love love love what youv'e done with those - thanks for posting Jeanie!

tumblr_mowjer5HDD1s9frcro1_500.gif

Wow, that smoked chuck pie with the bacon lattice and a nice runny egg on top looks amazing! I am definitely going to try that next time I've got some smoked beef leftovers. Looks time-intensive, but I bet the results are well worth it!

Looks like a delicious and fantastic prelude to a nap or 2! I haven't smoked a chucky in a long time :tsk: I love those things. Gotta get back on the chuckie train - love love love what youv'e done with those - thanks for posting Jeanie!

Thank you Greg! :hug: I'm looking forward to seeing your smoked lamb and smoked pig and smoked anything!! Really wish I could have worked a way out to be there. Have fun! :mrgreen:

Looks great! I just happen to have a little five lb chuckie going on with a brisket in the morning

Thank you Oakswamper! Hope it works out well for you! :grin:

Thank you McFatty! :grin:

Wow, that smoked chuck pie with the bacon lattice and a nice runny egg on top looks amazing! I am definitely going to try that next time I've got some smoked beef leftovers. Looks time-intensive, but I bet the results are well worth it!

Thanks T.Mac! I've used several smoked meats in these pies, they all work well. Hope you have a nice weekend! :grin:

Wow, I need to come visit
I need to start thinking outside of my little box
Super looking dish of course yours all are I got to try things like this

You are quite inspiring. Wish I lived near Oklahoma !!!!!

Wow, I need to come visit
I need to start thinking outside of my little box
Super looking dish of course yours all are I got to try things like this

You are quite inspiring. Wish I lived near Oklahoma !!!!!

Thank you Larred, very kind of you!

Back