THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

captjoe06

Full Fledged Farker
After searching for a smoked fish recipe on the forum Brethren member haven suggested this recipe here The recipe was written by Tommy Thompson From Florida Sportsman Magazine and Helen is his mom.
Here are the pictures and the method that I used following Tommy’s mom Helen’s recipe in pictures-
Here’s how I smoked the tuna-
Live Smoke at www.northeastbbq.com Soy/Ginger/Yellow Cayenne Pepper Marinated Tuna Steaks

They were put in the fridge overnight and here’s a good size bluefin tuna steak that I’ll be using from Sunday morning's smoke session-
2015-11-23-16-01-46.jpg

I broke the tuna into 3/4 inch chunks because I figured that when I mixed all the ingredients together it would break it down a little more and I didn’t want it to be a mousse, I wanted every dip of a cracker to have a decent amount of solid smoked tuna on it.
2 cups of broken up smoked tuna chunks
2015-11-23-16-03-52.jpg
2015-11-23-16-06-03.jpg

1/4 cup chopped scallions
2015-11-23-16-11-55.jpg

I ended up chopping up 5 sweet baby gherkins
2015-11-23-16-17-04.jpg

The juice lemon of one lemon and a 1/2 cup of mayo
2015-11-23-16-22-18.jpg

I added 1.5 Tablespoon of tabasco. Also salt and crushed black pepper to taste.
2015-11-23-16-23-57.jpg

Mix it up and let it chill for an hour or more.
2015-11-23-16-27-11.jpg

It was a monster hit for the boys on the HomieCast which we taped last night

This recipe was easy to make, didn’t include too many crazy hard to find ingredients and was absolutely delicious. With the nice kick of the salt and Tabasco it went perfectly well with some nice cold beer. I will be making more for Thanksgiving!
You can get smoked fish all the time at Connolly Seafood in Gloucester MA to use if you’re not all about that smoking/BBQ lifestyle.
Thank you Tommy Thompson for sharing your mom’s recipe.

I'm a huge fan of Ina Garten's smoked salmon spread... but with the ease of getting really good ahi tuna out here in the Pacific, I may need to give your adventure a try for myself!

Many thanks!

Back