THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From the organizer-- not me

Dear Teams, Sponsors, and NEBS,

It is with sadness that I must announce to you the cancellation of Smoke N' Steam for May 2.

On April 5, I sustained a leg injury while at my job which will keep me out of work from four to eight weeks. I cannot perform all the tasks necessary which would guarantee you a first class event. In light of this, it is necessary to cancel the event.

To those of you who supported us by sending checks in early, The Oyster Bay Railroad Museum will refund your entries as quickly as possible.

It is my hope that we'll be able to return to this event next year.

Sincerely,

Ben Jankowski
Oyster Bay Railroad Museum

Dear Teams, Sponsors, and NEBS,

It is with sadness that I must announce to you the cancellation of Smoke N' Steam for May 2.

On April 5, I sustained a leg injury while at my job which will keep me out of work from four to eight weeks. I cannot perform all the tasks necessary which would guarantee you a first class event. In light of this, it is necessary to cancel the event.

To those of you who supported us by sending checks in early, The Oyster Bay Railroad Museum will refund your entries as quickly as possible.

It is my hope that we'll be able to return to this event next year.

Sincerely,

Ben Jankowski
Oyster Bay Railroad Museum

That sucks.

I spoke with Ben at length yesterday.

He appreciates everyone's well wishes and sympathy.

He is going to get to work on putting together a top flight event for 2010 as soon as he is mobile and I'm looking forward to lending a hand.

Eric

Back