THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I didn't start putting coleslaw on PP until I moved out East, but I guess it's pretty common based on the responses. Turns out, it's pretty good too. :)

My wife makes slaw sometimes with some horseradish in it for some kick. I will try and get her recipe. I started to type what I remembered of it, and realized that all I could think of was cabbage, marzeti, and horseradish lol

........ Dang, Bob. You sure are getting some mileage here for a slaw thread. :thumb:

I know, right? :crazy:
I figured this would be a two page thread, at best. I was shocked when it reached five, and am blown away we're at seven. I assume it because it's a topic of discussion that hasn't been done over and over, but close enough to our hearts to have kept it going so long.

I've posted pics of PP sammies that didn't get a third of this traffic. :wacko:

Let's throw a curve in here. Do y'all like the same slaw on your PP as you would eat as a side dish?

I like slaw made differently as a side, compared to what I like on a PP sammich.

(Kind of like, what I like as a bowl of chili vs. chili 'sauce' that I like on hot dogs. I call them both "chili", but think of two totally different things.)

I know, right? :crazy:
I figured this would be a two page thread, at best. I was shocked when it reached five, and am blown away we're at seven. I assume it because it's a topic of discussion that hasn't been done over and over, but close enough to our hearts to have kept it going so long.

I've posted pics of PP sammies that didn't get a third of this traffic. :wacko:

That's because they didn't have slaw on them!:laugh::caked:

Bob_rofl2.gif
Bob_rofl.gif

Kimchi

Agree above- I don't eat the peoples republic kimchi-or prc anything. BUT Natural Grocers sells a made in USA kimchi that is outstanding. I mix it at 25% kimchi 75% cavenders slaw recipe. I grill thin bone in pork chops. Then debone and cut into small chunks. Then I simmer the chunks in Stubbs spicy or Stubbs Regular with Speedys habanero sauce. I pile Carmelized onions on the pork and top with the kimchi slaw. I don't eat much bread (fighting the family blood sugar DNA issue is a full time job), served with a Nathan's kosher dill it's outstanding. The crunchy slaw with the hint of ginger on the spicy pork is wonderful.
In fact for tomorrow's national championship game I am inspired to fix this dish. Boomer Sooner.

Its also a South Carolina thing. I love it a little sweet on a mustard based sauce. But if I have no slaw I love it just the same. I think the mustards in the blood though, its hard for me to get away from the yellow.

Well folks, I'll have to admit....two weeks in a row with slaw on the PP Sammies.
The family is LOVING it. Seems the boy like it the most, wifey likes it second best, and I last. It wouldn't ruin my life if I couldn't have it any more, but I do like it. For me, it'll be an occasional thing. Although, since the fam love it so much, I'll be forced into making it on a much more regular basis that I'd like. haha

I used a simple recipe of;
1 part shredded carrots
1 part shredded cabbage
Just enough mayo to hold it together.

Of course I'll experiment with that recipe based on the recommendations given here.
Thanks folks!

When I was in college I dated a girl who liked fried bologna, KFC slaw on toasted rye bread. Dates were cheap enough. Slaw on sandwiches has been around a long time. I don't do Facetube-but at times I do wonder :))

Sounds good to me. I enjoyed apples the first four decades of my life, but became allergic to them a couple years ago. I've "treaded lightly" back into the world of apples by injecting 100% juice into Butts. So far, I've not swelled up like a freak (again). Not sure I'll do raw apples on a PP sammie though.

Back