Single Best BBQ Tip

Best tip - practice and keep a log of temps, wind, weatehr conditions and of course results.

every thing said is great advice , in my expirience my bbq got a lot better with fresh ingridients. Im talking about fresh spices, peppers everything grinded up at the moment. Fresh meat going to the butcher shop and getting the freshest meat avalible. That just turned it up a notch. You cant imagine how much flavor bottled spices loose.

Enjoy eating and have a big freezer or ALOT of friends/family

Not so much for smoking, but "If you are going to grill, then grill. Don't do anything else while you have meat on that heat." That includes setting the table, getting the sides figured out, pre-meal cleaning and the like. Alcohol consumption does not apply. :becky:

You guys have hit on the Big 3: patience, temps and smoke. But here's four more:

1.) Putting a piece of raw meat over a smoky, low-heat fire ain't rocket science, so don't make it so.

2.) A bunch of high-dollar equipment is not required. I know and learned from a lot of rednecks who cook great cue with only a homemade smoker, a knife, a fork and aluminum foil. On the other hand, I know gadget gurus who can't turn out a decent pork butt to save their soul.

3.) Rubs are fun, but optional. Same with mops. A hunk of meat with salt and fresh-ground black pepper on it, tossed on a grate and left alone for hours, can be the best-tasting you have ever eaten.

4.) The range between "perfect" and "awesome tasting" is wide, so don't sweat it, just eat your "mistakes."

Back