Completed my BBQ Laboratory (short video)

harrybbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Haroldo
We just completed this project, where I went all out on my dream bbq setup. It used to be a bbq area, but I like to think of it as a bbq lab, as I have the tools to cook beef any way I can possibly think of.

Equipment from left to right in order of appearance:
- Tagwood Argentine Brasero
tried twice over the weekend, it's the most amazing and satisfying thing. Grilled wagyu bavette and picanhas over oak wood ambers. Shoveling ambers form the brasero to the pit makes me feel like a pit master.

- Lion 40in gas
for those week nights where you just want to conveniently and quickly throw some sausage or chicken on the fire

- Big Green Egg XL
pizzas and closed lid charcoal grilling

- Workhorse 1975
I started smoking meats with the green egg, but once I tried an offset, I was hooked. The egg can make do, but there is nothing like the bark and smoke flavor I get from a real offset (plus the satisfaction of managing the fire for 10 to 15 hours outdoors)

I already had the egg and the workhorse, purchased the Tagwood and Lion to complete the setup.

For storage, from left to right:
- Slide out dual trash bins
- 32" access doors under tagwood
- 32" outdoor fridge
- 32" access doors under gas
- Drawer set with paper towel holder

The built in lights in the backsplash are remotely controlled, dimmable, and change colors, because...why not:

https://youtu.be/MRKh5C__vPg

This is really nice. San Jose has about 300 days of sunshine. Unfortunately, as a Midwesterner, we only get about 200 days of partial sun with only 100 sunny days. It just doesn't make as much sense in my area.

Beautiful work.

Looks great! How do you intend to protect it from the rain and winter?

Hey Piney, yeah, I live by the coast in northern California. Our biggest worry is not winter, but fire season. So, winter is actually good to be honest, specially when using. the Argentine brasero. I have covers for all the grills, smokers, and all the stones and quartzite countertop have been sealed.

That is very nice. I always thought that outdoor kitchens would be very practical and a lot of fun. But then there is the Indiana weather... Most of my winter and early spring cooks start with suiting up in bibs and a good heavy hunting jacket. I am very grateful for where we live and what we have, but that is beautiful. Enjoy!!!

Back