Simply Marvelous vortex ribs

Looks awesome Mike!

I do the same over live fire. Grilled BB's. Amazing taste but slightly different (in a good way) texture.

Looks awesome Mike!

I do the same over live fire. Grilled BB's. Amazing taste but slightly different (in a good way) texture.

I tried grillin em once. Didn’t turn out how I hoped they would. Had some kind of off taste.
Can’t remember what charcoal I used, might have been Kingsford blue.
Maybe I’ll try it with some lump.

I tried grillin em once. Didn’t turn out how I hoped they would. Had some kind of off taste.
Can’t remember what charcoal I used, might have been Kingsford blue.
Maybe I’ll try it with some lump.

Lump is key IMHO. Nice hot fire does it with quick turns of the meat. :thumb:

Lump is key IMHO. Nice hot fire does it with quick turns of the meat. :thumb:

Hmmm... shades of the flippity-flip thread came washing into my brain.

:peep:

Ribs look good but haven't tried that method yet. Not sure if it's my kettle or what but my vortex doesn't exactly produce screaming hot temps. May have to try some lump.

How was the pull of the meat from the bone? More of a gnaw off the bone or getting close to the clean bite off the bone? Might be a good candidate for a smoke/fried rib. I've fried baby backs cutting individually and were fairly tender with a little gnaw. Tried spares that way and they were way too tough.

Thanks,

Robert

I'm going for that! Got two racks of spares in the freezer, I'm as sick as I can remember, I'm off this week and I've not ate f*** all nothing this last 7 days. I'm inspired! Some Santa Maria Spare Rib Therapy... that'll get me out the rut.
Thanks, Mike.

-D

Mike, those ribz look AWESOME! :clap2:

Ima going to try this on me next rib cook! Maybe we should start a vortex BB rib cook thread so everyone can post their results?

Back