Simply Marvelous Brisket Burgers,,etc.

Thanks. You can't imagine how great it was to be out with the family and almost doing some grilling. I pray the day shall soon come when I can actually participate in the grilling and/or smoking. I can't even open or close the lid, start the fire, or so many other things myself now, but this is the closest I've come to actually cooking. In the past, I'd do the prep and direct my family on what else to,do - I wasn't even able to go outside...so, this was a major step in the right direction, despite a fairly intense medical complication. I,won't go into that in QTalk. If anyone wants to know, you can read about it in my D&R sticky, but who really wants to read about that?!? Anyway, thanks again for the kind word and all the encouragement over the last two-plus years.

This place rocks!!!

Your mindset seems much better after this cook than it has the past few weeks. I know things suck for you pretty badly, but this cook seems to have done some healing to your soul.

Keep cookin' Dan! :thumb:

Your mindset seems much better after this cook than it has the past few weeks. I know things suck for you pretty badly, but this cook seems to have done some healing to your soul.

Keep cookin' Dan! :thumb:

Yeah, it was good for me to be able to get outside in beautiful weather and do something that was close to my past "regular" routine. Before all of this medical mess, I was grilling or smoking four or five days a week. This reminded me of those pre-hospital times. Don't get me wrong, I know even during all of,these medical trials, I know God is blessing me more than I deserve...but, I still miss a lot of things from the days before my hospitalization - like walking, standing, and being able to do things for other people.

I did have a medical scare, for the lack of a better term. Lately, I am seeing that it is a very real possibility that doing "regular" activities could kill me, or at least cause a major medical problem. Again, I'll leave details for D&R, as they might be too gross for QTalk.:crazy::confused: but, I've come to a decision, if doing "regular activities, like grilling, going for a "walk" with my family, or even getting out of bed might kill me, so be it. I'd rather die that way, than live stuck in this darn bed forever. I can't tell ya how much I hate being in this bed. If I had a smoker/grill,that I could operate myself, I'd be out there much more often...but, I'll take what I can get.

Well, I seem to have rambled on much longer than expected, and surely longer than y'all wanted to read. Sorry.

God bless you all! Enjoy the blessings in your lives, for even if things seem bleak, they could be much worse. No matter what you're going through, someone loves you!

Outstanding. Makes my day to see you out and grilling Dan. Looks like that line I've had in my sig all this time is finally becoming reality. God Bless, Brother!

Bob

Thanks, Bob. It was great to be out with the fire and smoke. Just wish I could do it myself and not have to rely on someone to open and close the lid...there's not always gonna be someone around to do that, ya know? Anyway, I'll gladly take what I can get. Now that I've grilled, I'm hoping to smoke next. It's about time for a brisket, I think. :)

Nice looking cook and great to see you smiling around the grill. Positive thoughts still pouring your way...

Nice looking cook and great to see you smiling around the grill. Positive thoughts still pouring your way...

Thanks, brother. Have you tried the pre-packaged ground brisket from H.E.B.? I'm glad we did. Next time, I'm using 100% brisket instead of mixing ground beef - although these couldn't have been much better.

Back