THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of the reasons to pull the gold we pulled at 187 was because it was acting like it didn't want to go higher than 187. It was weird like a high temperature stall. It TOLD me it was done.

It's a smart man that listens to his brisket when it's talking to him.

Thanks everyone for the info, though I've mainly ended up more confused than before. :)

Some say lower temp, some are saying higher! The only consistent advice is to probe for tenderness, though I'm concerned that I'll "miss" when it's ready, keep it on the smoker and end up severely overlooking, or vice versa thinking it's tender at like 190, when in reality bringing it to 210 would have resulted into it being more tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the info, though I've mainly ended up more confused than before. :)

Some say lower temp, some are saying higher! The only consistent advice is to probe for tenderness, though I'm concerned that I'll "miss" when it's ready, keep it on the smoker and end up severely overlooking, or vice versa thinking it's tender at like 190, when in reality bringing it to 210 would have resulted into it being more tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that's why brisket is considered so difficult. Advice is all over the map. Lots of these guys know their chit but they can't all be right or wrong. It takes practice. Take notes and keep cooking. Only change 1 thing per cook and take notes. Don't forget to take notes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've come to the conclusion that 2 "identical" briskets cooked side by side the same way and finish at almost the same time.. can still taste a little different! Both can be good, but one can have that extra bit of flavor.

Back