THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NavarreQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Some simple blackened seafood and grits!
Grits cooked in chicken broth with Gouda,Boursin,and cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions stirred in at the end.
Sauce is mater gravy with onions, but with white wine, garlic,slap yo mama seasoning, Wooster sauce, half/half, and fresh basil stirred in at end.
Seafood is catfish,scallops,shrimp heavily dusted with Paul's blackened redfish magic on cast iron skillet on gasser with a pat of butter. Turned out great! What's funny is 4 of 6 people heard scallops and said pass without trying em! So me and a bud ate all! I thought they were the star of the dish! I didn't realize scallops were not that widely popular! Pics don fail me now

Last edited:
Thanks ! I'll see if I'm eligible having cooked it on a gas grill and having other seafood on plate. I'm still a rookie in the throwdown section, them guys are masterchefs over their!

As two year in a row TD Champ I can tell you that as long as it's cooked outside with flame you are completely eligible! :thumb:

You should enter that dish!

So happens I have a cast iron griddle just like yours, and I been looking for something to do with grits. I love catfish, scallops, and shrimp. This looks to be challenging but may have to take baby steps to start with. all your pic look tasty.
Dave

As two year in a row TD Champ I can tell you that as long as it's cooked outside with flame you are completely eligible! :thumb:

You should enter that dish!

So this is based purely on looks? And do you win anything?

Back