THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

midnight

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Todd
Some of you may remember that I had created and sold my own sauces and spices before opening my catering business and restaurant. I had the pleasure of trading some sauce and spices with a few of you way back during the first few trade rounds from what seems ages ago. I haven't been in that business now for many years and I thought I would share my recipes if anyone is looking for an easy homemade sauce that can be easily customized to your tastes. I did 3 flavors of sauces: Sweet & Smokey, Whiskey Hot, and Smack Me Down Hot. They all started with the same base recipe.

SWEET & SMOKEY

1- Jar 12 oz chili sauce ( I use Heinz)
1-Can 16 oz Jellied Cranberry Sauce
1- Can 15 oz tomato sauce
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp dark molasses

1/2 Tbsp + 1 Tsp liquid smoke ( yea I know, nobody likes fake smoke.)
1/2 Tsp Cayane pepper

Put first three ingredients in a large pot over medium heat. cook and stir until all chunks of the jellied cranberry have melted into the other liquids. add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Let cool and put in a jar and refrigerate or can it for later use.

WHISKEY HOT

1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp dark molasses
1/2 TBSP Cayane pepper
1/4 Cup Jim Beam whiskey ( use Apple flavored JB for a nice change)

Follow directions from Sweet & Smokey sauce.

SMACK ME DOWN HOT

1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp dark molasses
1 1/2 TBSP Cayane pepper
1 1/2 TBSP Habenero pepper powder

Follow directions under Sweet & Smokey sauce.
This one will be hot but not so hot that you cant taste anything else.

I hope some of you try these out and enjoy them as much as my customers did. A good recipe should always be passed on to friends!

Attachments

• sauce2.jpg
    sauce2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 157
  • sauce1.jpg
    sauce1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 156
Back