THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we got the same message so i removed the space in our name and it worked. My guess is that they are combining both this and last years db and that tells me they didn't test it for chit!

I got my confirmation email from paypal and then 22 minutes later it got the one from kcbs.

Looks like we are going to madison!

I can't find the 800 number... Can some one pass it on so i can get the team name corrected?

1-800-963-5227

james and I loaded up with 5 computers running... we got in the first minute........checked in and it said 1 registered, 1 confirmed, and we had the confirmation in my mailbox.

:)
im a geek.

For those of you who got the "already registered" message did you try submitting prior and receive a timeout. That is what happened to me but it actually submitted. I didn't make it to the pay page but when I finally got through on the 800 number I was registered. I then paid over the phone to confirm. So, if it says you are already registered, you probably are.

Dr. Nordy's BBQ - Registered in Midwest City...

Events like this are never scaled adequately... from KCBS up to apple with iphone/ipad launches...

For those of you who got the "already registered" message did you try submitting prior and receive a timeout. That is what happened to me but it actually submitted. I didn't make it to the pay page but when I finally got through on the 800 number I was registered. I then paid over the phone to confirm. So, if it says you are already registered, you probably are.

Nope it was our first time in when we got the message.

I'm trying to call the 800 number to correct our team name but it's still busy.:doh:

We tried to get registered for Madison and were told it was already full, so they put us on a waiting list, but not by our choice. By putting us on a waiting list they refused to let us attempt to register for an event that still had openings. DesMoines was our next choice and it had openings for quite a while but we couldn't register! You should not be considered registered until it has been confirmed. Very poor registration process! And of course they didn't answer their 800 number.

Well this was a total pain in my butt. I tried to get into the Madison event. I was waiting for the countdown to end and as soon as the registration came up, I clicked on the list and noticed there were already 7 teams registered and I believe 5 confirmed. It would have been impossible for all this to happen. It was less than a minute when I got in. Something smell and it ain't bbq. So I finally got registred but was put on the waiting list. Now I can't even try and get into a different event. I checked the rules and it clearly states the following. "Once 30 teams are confirmed, 10 teams will be allowed to sign up for a waiting list." Well I just checked and there still are not 30 teams confirmed. So I tried to register to another event and was told I couldn't register for a second event. I am on the waiting list, I wasn't asked to be put on the waiting list I was just thrown there. This is a horrible way to run a registration process. Guess I won't be doing the Sam's Event this year.

We tried to get registered for Madison and were told it was already full, so they put us on a waiting list, but not by our choice. By putting us on a waiting list they refused to let us attempt to register for an event that still had openings. DesMoines was our next choice and it had openings for quite a while but we couldn't register! You should not be considered registered until it has been confirmed. Very poor registration process! And of course they didn't answer their 800 number.

Go to their facebook page and see if you can get removed from the wait list.

The forced waitlist thing sucks. My advice, post it on the KCBS facebook page. Some one may be able to take your team off the waitlist.

Well this was a total pain in my butt. I tried to get into the Madison event. I was waiting for the countdown to end and as soon as the registration came up, I clicked on the list and noticed there were already 7 teams registered and I believe 5 confirmed. It would have been impossible for all this to happen. It was less than a minute when I got in. Something smell and it ain't bbq. So I finally got registred but was put on the waiting list. Now I can't even try and get into a different event. I checked the rules and it clearly states the following. "Once 30 teams are confirmed, 10 teams will be allowed to sign up for a waiting list." Well I just checked and there still are not 30 teams confirmed. So I tried to register to another event and was told I couldn't register for a second event. I am on the waiting list, I wasn't asked to be put on the waiting list I was just thrown there. This is a horrible way to run a registration process. Guess I won't be doing the Sam's Event this year.

We had two computers going with multi tabs and the count down was almost 30 seconds difference between the clocks.

After the troubles they had last year, one would think that someone at the brain trust that is the KCBS would have figured out that having each region register on a different day would alleviate the trouble with the website server.

• Thanks
Reactions: bam
The forced waitlist thing sucks. My advice, post it on the KCBS facebook page. Some one may be able to take your team off the waitlist.

I just read on the Facebook page where they want you to call KCBS. I guess that makes sense since the person doesn't know for sure that it is you asking to be removed. At least over the phone they ask me for personal info to verify who I was.

Well, I'm guessing that they are still having problems because now when I call I'm getting their voice mail....

That's the problem that we had, called the 800 number to try and get off the waitlist and it went to voicemail every time. How were we supposed to know that KCBS is handling alot of the inquiries on thier FB page, that certainly wasn't published anywhere.

I'm sure this is gonna go over like a fart in church with some of y'all but we're confirmed in Madison.

Umm... there's no farting in BBQ :p

Sorry that you had issues, Don!

.....I was waiting for the countdown to end and as soon as the registration came up, I clicked on the list and noticed there were already 7 teams registered and I believe 5 confirmed. It would have been impossible for all this to happen. It was less than a minute when I got in. .....

I noticed while waiting that if you left the KCBS home page with the countdown and then went back, the clock was way off. So, I refreshed the page and the clock reset (and I watch the time on my computer). I got in right at 8 and didn't see any teams registered for any events. Even after I registered, I later hit the back button on my browser to go back to the home page and the countdown clock was telling me there were 3 minutes to go - this was after 9:00 EST. Sorry you go messed up. The site was slammed all at once.

Back