SmACk TaWK Sams Club Brackets & Power Polls

I definitly need much more info before I can commit, and like the boot camp, shipping will have to be picked up by the winner...Also not sure by some of the previous posts, will this prize go to the overall winner of the Sams or the winner of the "pool"?...not really into givin a pit to some one that just won Big$!

Im in too but I'm still confused (could be from the Vicodin Ive been eating for 4 days) so sorry for being dumb but tell me if I have this right......
the odds posted are to win the local contest right?
Then the Regional contestants will be reseededd for round 2 and then the Finals qualifiers will be reseeded again and we will get a chance to pick after each reseeding?

Rules and Structure

Here's how it will work:

I will seed each of the 20 local competitions and assign each team a ranking 1-30. You will select the same amount of teams from each local competition that you think will advance to the Regionals. Additionally, if you select the winner as one of your picks and you will get a 3 point bonus in the Local Competition Round.

Example: Local Competition - Gilbert, AZ:

With your 1st pick you select Rhythm N' Que (1 Seed) and they advance...you will get 1 point.
With your next pick you select Big Mista (6 seed) and they advance...you will get 6 points.
Next, you take Sodbusters BBQ (30 seed) and they don't advance...you get 0 points.
Next, you take BBQThom.com (7 seed) and they don't advance...you get 0 points.
Next, you take Slap Yo Daddy (4 seed) and they advance...you get 4 points. Next, you take McFrankenboo (5 seed) and they advance...you get 5 points. Finally, you take Iowa Smokey D's (2 seed) and they advance...and win you get 2 points + 3 points (winner bonus).

Therefore, for Region 1: Gilbert, AZ you would have scored 21 points. We will take your scores from all 20 local competitions and add them up. The top 3 highest scores combined from all 20 local competitions will win a prize (to be determined later).

Region 1: You will select 7 teams from each location.
(Gilbert, AZ; Sacramento, CA; Santa Fe, CA; Loveland, CO)
Region 2: You will select 7 teams from each location.
(Austin, TX; Conroe, TX; Overland Park, KS; Midwest City, OK)
Region 3: You will select 6 teams from each location.
(Baton Rouge, LA; Memphis, TN; Birmingham, AL; Marietta, GA; Orlando, FL)
Region 4: You will select 7 teams from each location.
(Evergreen Park, IL; Traverse City, MI; Madison, WI; Woodbury, MN)
Region 5: You will select 10 teams from each location.
(Greensboro, NC; Chesapeake, VA; Pittsburgh, PA)

After the Regional Competions have been determined, we will re-rank all of the teams that have moved on 1-30 for each region. You will select the 10 teams from each region (as listed below) that you think will move on to the Nationals. All of the points in this round will be doubled. The winner bonus for each Region will be a 6 point bonus in this round. We will reward prizes for the top 3 highest scores in this round.

Side Note: We will keep all scores from all 3 rounds to determine our overall winner. However, even if you were in dead last from the 1st round...you can still be the high scorer in the Regional round or National round and win prizes.

Region 1: Las Vegas, NV
Region 2: Fort Worth, TX
Region 3: Jackson, TN
Region 4: Indianapolis, IN
Region 5: Medford, NY

After the National Competion has been determined, we will re-rank all of the teams that have moved on 1-50. You will select the 10 teams that you think will finish in the top 10. If your selections make the Top 10 you will be scored as follows (points are tripled):

1st place - 10 points x 3 + 9 points (winner bonus x 3) = 39 points
2nd place - 9 points x 3 = 27 points
3rd place - 8 points x 3 = 24 points
down through 10th place
10th place - 1 point x 3 = 3 points

We will reward prizes for the top 3 highest scores in this round.

Finally, the highest scorer when all 3 rounds (local, regional & national) are added together will win our grand prize (to be named later).

Confused...or does that make sense?

Working on that

I do not want to have to manually add all of these scores up. I have a meeting tomorrow with my "Computer" to see if we can program a simpler way than manual.

I agree...with the prizes that are coming in...it should be some really nice payouts.

Butcher BBQ has agreed payout to each of the Regional winners (Top 3).

It may actually get to the point where we are stacking some prizes...but don't let that hold you back from donating.

I'll let you all know my findings tomorrow for a ranking system.

I smell the good ole fashion excel doc getting sent out.

Thanks

Sounds like fun.
Will you be preparing a document with the brackets or something to fill out?

Back